Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 7:41 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BearHillSportsman
User since 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,643 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/7/19 @ 7:45 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

Griff n

At least you know he will be around for you next year. Plus you have another year of knowledge about your area & the bears!

Big Mac 

11/2/19 @ 5:54 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

After blowing my chance opening night I hunted a least 15 more times. Baits really slowed and if they were hit almost 95% at night.Hunted the second last night and one came in 20 min. or so after dark. This one came in the day AFTER closing day. Rubbing salt in the wound I guess. Did get a laugh out of it though.

11/1/19 @ 6:49 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Excellent job. That’s a gorgeous bear! 

11/1/19 @ 4:34 AM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

Wisco

Very nice bear! Dressed at 463#!? Wow!!

I'm hoping to get my second bear in Zone C soon. But need to find someone to bait for me in southern Clark County. 

Please P.M. me how you did your baiting. 

Thanks, 

Big Mac 

10/31/19 @ 8:17 PM
WiscoNorthwoods
User since 10/31/19

Been waiting for the numbers to come out but thought I’d share a bear because I have enjoyed all of your guys posts and insight.  

First time bear hunting this year, zone C, Clark County.  Shot this guy opening day at 530 pm.  Dressed out at 463.  It was quite the rush and more than I ever could have hoped for.  Will probably never have an easier or luckier hunt, but everybody gets lucky once!

10/24/19 @ 1:19 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

Countyline 

Nice looking bear!

Congratulations!!! Bear hunting is AWESOME in Wisconsin!

Big Mac 

10/23/19 @ 1:55 PM
countyline
User since 1/2/13

Boys first bear.

Fun  experience. Over bait. Became a very consistent bear the week before we harvested him.

10/16/19 @ 3:20 PM
beer bum
User since 1/9/19

Any reports?  Numbers down?

10/3/19 @ 7:27 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

Sad to say,but  it sounds like a slower than normal hunting success rate.

Please tell me I'm wrong!!

I enjoy reading the stories of success & experiences. 

Big Mac 

10/3/19 @ 5:10 PM
Scooter1976
User since 3/10/16

2019 bear season was a great one. Hope everyone is having great success or will finish out with great success. Especially with the rough weather patterns we had all season and continue to have. Good luck to the remainder with tags.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,643 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.