Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 8:41 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BearHillSportsman
User since 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,613 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 7:39 PM
Scooter1976
User since 3/10/16

Was out hunting saint Germain wi by oxbow Rd. Was stopped by game warden checking license and asked if I heard any late shots and if I seen any buddy trespassing. They have had reports. 

TODAY @ 6:26 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

LUV- Congrats on your bear and "hats off" to your buddy donating the tag to that well deserving young hunter.. Stories like that make me proud to be a hunter..

Saranfish- Congrats on your bear. Really special when it is a DIY hunt. Regardless how big you will always have a great hunt/memory on video..

TODAY @ 4:20 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

I'm no expert having shot my first bear last year but I think he is bigger than 120#

TODAY @ 3:39 PM
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

Shot my first bear ever on Sunday. I had bigger ones in over the last 3 weeks I was baiting but wasnt going to pass a legal bear. He came in Friday night as well and I couldnt make up my mind if he was legal or not based on how he came in and laid down. After looking at pictures of him and talking with friends I decided if he came back he wouldn't leave next time. Measured 49". I would guess maybe 120 pounds dressed at the most. Dont have a scale so no idea the exact weight. I got the whole thing on video so that is pretty neat too.

9/15/19 @ 7:38 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

Thanks for the kind comments all!!

Tim,

Yes it certainly is rewarding. We’ve got another coming next year too!

9/14/19 @ 2:29 AM
David090
User since 9/14/19

This post is genuinely incredible. I really like this post. It is remarkable among different posts that I ve read in a long time. You shake for this alright post. I genuinely welcome it. Winter Hunting

9/13/19 @ 9:17 PM
Tr carper
Tr carper
User since 6/15/15

Luv great stuff and keep up the good work. Steve keep the posts coming I enjoy reading your posts. I hope you get GT he is a beast. I was up in florence county running with some good friends one of them got a really  nice boar on Thursday. The best part was he got share the moment with is wife and 2 young sons. Can't do that sitting over bait. The best part of running hounds is it's a family affair. Good luck to everyone the rest of the way. Remember release those hounds.

9/13/19 @ 11:58 AM
CWScoach
User since 6/7/18

My son shot a decent bear last weekend.  When we skinned it out it had about a little bit more fat then a buck in the rut.  Hide was good, 17” green skull, no apparent injuries.  Tasted fine.  Any ideas.  Field dressed at 175 so I’m guessing about a 205 pound live weight.  Woulda been a bigger boar w his fat. Maybe 250???  Zone c

9/13/19 @ 9:46 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

LUV,

I donated my tag to USSA 3 years ago and a young man from Michigan got a bear too. Good feeling to allow someone else the opportunity isn't it?

Tim

9/13/19 @ 6:21 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06
Thanks Steve!!  Got pics to load now.  Had to load from my PC.  Mobile wasn't working...  Hope you get a crack at that beast, he's a giant.

Best of luck to all the rest of season.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,613 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.