Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 8:41 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BearHillSportsman
User since 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,558 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 4:07 PM
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

I haven't went full blown baiting yet. Just putting about 2 gallons out every 3-4 days right now. So I just cover the bait with all the logs to make sure I stay legal. So with that said I haven't cut any 42" logs yet to help me estimate size. I also plan on adding a stump to help with that. Since money is tight and bait isnt cheap way up here in the far NW corner of the state I am still holding off a bit till I start to bait daily.

Anyway this guy shows up within 30 hours of when I bait right now. Without much to size him up with do the experts on here think he makes the 42" mark? Its my first bear tag so I'm just looking to learn.

8/19/19 @ 7:11 PM
gbwilber
User since 8/19/19

Thanks missedagain

8/19/19 @ 6:32 PM
missedagain
User since 6/1/14

gbwilber Geiss in Merrill does an excellent job. Skin, cut, and if you want sausage. 

8/19/19 @ 6:31 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

All 3 baits had at least one nice one hit the bait around 7:30 yesterday. Always very dark by closing because of the leaves but closing for me on Sept 4 th is 7:44. Sure hope they keep coming for a couple more weeks. Last 2 years they shut off a week or so before opening

8/19/19 @ 5:35 PM
gbwilber
User since 8/19/19

Does anyone know where I can get a bear processed around the rhinelander area?  I have finally drawn a tag and would like to know where to take the bear if I get one.

Thanks

8/15/19 @ 3:24 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

We haven't heard from Steve White lately. 

What's up Steve. 

We enjoy your stories & expertise. 

Big Mac 

8/15/19 @ 10:55 AM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

New one showed up at one of the baits. With all the storm damage it's going to be more of a challenge to get one out. That bait is a long walk in. If we get lucky I'm sure we'll get it out, but a lot of muscle is going to be involved.

8/15/19 @ 6:50 AM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Good luck to everyone on  the hunt this year. Time is getting close. 

Griff n, check messenger. 

8/13/19 @ 9:03 AM
Scooter1976
User since 3/10/16

7 different shooters coming in regularly zone b. Should be a great season.

8/12/19 @ 7:18 AM
Casedog
Casedog
MEMBER since 10/4/11

That monster bear looks like the legend from the movie-“ the great outdoors

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,558 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.