Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 8:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BearHillSportsman
USER SINCE 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,704 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/21/21 @ 7:30 PM
Cobra57
MEMBER SINCE 2/4/18

Here you are 

7/15/21 @ 5:59 PM
trouter
trouter
USER SINCE 7/3/01

Great name.

I do not live in bear country, so I always use an outfitter.    

One thing is certain.   Bear hunting is exciting.

7/15/21 @ 1:31 PM
Jzzzzz
USER SINCE 1/19/02

Is there any info out  yet on what the new point criteria may be for the new re done zones?

7/14/21 @ 7:21 PM
Oneshotkleibs
USER SINCE 9/13/18

Looking for guide zone D    Not much time off from work.  Probably with use of dogs.  Me and my son both drew this year with 9 points.  Any help or info would be appreciated 

6/19/21 @ 7:11 PM
DoorTayOutdoors
USER SINCE 3/7/07

I’m guessing 500 pound range

6/17/21 @ 2:47 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER SINCE 7/20/09

Dry out your bakery and it won't get moldy.  I'm able to keep it from year to year with no issues.  I just lay it out in the driveway on a tarp during hot, sunny days.  Not a huge fan of breads because it gets funny if it rains, but its a good budget bait.

6/17/21 @ 1:06 PM
Myboyz
Myboyz
USER SINCE 12/27/16

Why not bait in both areas.  I prefer to bait close to the swamp in my area.  I do not use bakery and rolls and that stuff.  It grows fuzz way too fast.  Oats in molasses and trail mix and some candies like circus peanuts but no chocolate.  All that works pretty darn good.  Yes bait near the swamp but try two areas and see which gets hit in a predictable manner.  

6/17/21 @ 8:48 AM
hockeyguy39
USER SINCE 8/24/07

Very unfortunate. Make you wonder what the vehicle looks like.

Only bear I've seen in Wisconsin was a dead one on the side of 53 just south of Superior a few years ago. For as much time as I spend outside, I find it hard to believe I haven't seen a live one yet. Had one run through the resort area Memorial Day weekend 2020 but missed it by a minute. I'm kind of getting frustrated lol. Even my daughter saw two last weekend while up in Marinette County!

6/29/21 @ 10:05 AM
Usuallyskunked
USER SINCE 3/19/20

damn  hate to see bear hit by vehicles 

Highway 29 Abottsford exit

3/31/21 @ 7:26 PM
Steve White
USER SINCE 3/17/04

I hookem,  Like me.  You need to worry about the wolves. Far more than the hounds.   Seeing how the population has exploded in my more populated area. I cannot even imagine what is going on around your cabin.  I wont even hunt my bird dogs in my own back yard any more.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,704 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
New CUSTOM Colors! The perfect choice when you want a lure that runs straight and true, even when running fast and deep. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Down Deep Husky Jerk - NEW Custom Colors
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.