Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 8:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BearHillSportsman
User since 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,702 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/26/20 @ 1:21 PM
Yukon jeff
Yukon jeff
User since 7/28/19

Hello all,

I usually read, never post but I got a camera shot on the ol' cam. What do think the weight is, I have been watching this particular one for 4 years,  its getting close to harvest time for this one

10/5/20 @ 11:07 AM
beanthewalleyslayer
beanthewalleyslayer
User since 1/18/10

Thanks Guy!

10/2/20 @ 10:20 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

For some reason,  just not as many pictures,  stories,  & advice this year. 

I wonder why.

I especially enjoyed reading Steve White's input.

Big Mac 

10/2/20 @ 2:58 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Congratulations on a beautiful bear! Sounds like an excellent hunt. 

10/1/20 @ 3:38 PM
beanthewalleyslayer
beanthewalleyslayer
User since 1/18/10

Well first of all this was a Minnesota bear hunt... but I'm from WI and this was my first bear hunt.  Hunted cornfield edge since the bears were NOT hitting the baits.  410 lbs. What an exciting hunt it was.  This was the first time I've been able to hunt with my dad in years.  He ended up with one as well.. 280 lbs for him

9/18/20 @ 10:07 PM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

Here you go big! Had the pleasure of hunting with Merle and Bev the last few days. Took a 140# sow today. At 78 years old, they stated the 4:30 am mornings were getting old so took this bear today. Baits have slowed quite a bit in Taylor Co. Lots of people talking about em being heavy in the acorns around here.

9/17/20 @ 8:44 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

Come on bear hunters! We need stories & successful hunt details & pictures!

Big Mac 

9/17/20 @ 7:12 AM
gotacarp
User since 2/2/10

i shot mine with a ML went 15 yards. my father in law shot his with a ML it did 2 back flips and done. so i can say they work just fine.

9/16/20 @ 2:23 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Nice job on the bear phelps!

I agree with what others said, ML is fine.  Guys use a shotgun, basically the same thing.  They are just big raccoons, make a good shot.

Wife and I hunted the first 2 days at a bait that only had 1 big bear.  So sort of a go big or go home situation.  The first day in the crappy weather I for sure heard something circling us.  It got downwind and then I heard it no more.  Next day was dead, thinking we boogered it on the first day.

My dad is helping us out now and just pulled the card at our other spot.  Of course had a nice bear there at 6PM on opener.  Figures LOL.  We have not baited since last Thursday, but he still showed up on 9/14 and 9/15 during the day to check it.  Should be baited now for us to hunt Friday and Saturday.  Will see if he keeps coming in.

This season is kind of messed up because my wife had to work the first weekend. Only have a handful of days we can even do it.  Not a normal bear season for us for sure, but makes it more interesting I guess.

9/14/20 @ 9:12 PM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

Ditto the response below. ML works just fine. Personally seen a few bear succumb to a CVA!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,702 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.