LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

Monroe county public/Meadow Valley specifically.

11/30/21 @ 7:59 AM
INITIAL POST
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04

Does anybody here hunt this area? My family hunted it in the 70's-90's. Through family loss it has become a thing of the past. I take a run over every once in a while. I've driven through areas with snow on the ground and seen only a couple of deer cross in several miles. I've walked in and seen wolf scat and little deer sign. I believe a pack was removed in the Scott Flowage area. This year a friend and I went over Wednesday of gun season. No cars in lots along 173 and only 4 on Crescent. Walked in by the Fire tower (no cars on that road either) for about a mile and a half and saw no buck sign other than 2 rubs. Just wondering if there is anything left there. Use to be good duck hunting on the beaver ponds but those seem to be gone as well.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
12/9/21 @ 3:40 AM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04

Seems to me I heard a bird hunter and his short hair got followed near Scott Flowage and they went in and got some out. Probably didn't get them all or more moved in.

12/8/21 @ 1:25 PM
duckbird61
User since 7/16/12

I have bow hunted this area since the early 80s, certainly not what it used to be , have had some luck when there is a good acorn crop, but many of the best oak stands have been cutover. Also the rut can be good some years. Passed an 2 spikes this year and of course I saw nothing after that. I heard the wolves at Scott Flowage in the fall of 20 and turkey hunting in spring of 21, where did you hear that they were removed. We duck hunt several of the flowages usually later in the season and has been quite poor for a number of years. We gun hunt in Meadow Valley Juneau county ,has been poor the last 5 years, I havent seen a deer gun hunting the last 2 seasons

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE