MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Meadow Valley question (state land)

11/23/17 @ 6:10 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

So I hunted this vast state owned land opening day. I noticed a few guys in ladder stands. Are you allowed to keep them up over a period of time on state land? I can’t imagine they put up 15’ stands by themselves in the dark opening morning. I also saw a guy on YouTube hunting out of a ladder stand out there. I was always under the impression they had to be put up and taken down the day of the hunt. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts
4/14/19 @ 6:14 PM
john1984
john1984
USER since 4/14/19
Its illegal.  

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 6:08 PM
Pondweeds
Pondweeds
USER since 1/6/15

What's the fine for leaving a stand or blind on public hunting grounds ?

Post Your Comment
12/8/17 @ 8:08 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

So these guys were apparently illegal stand hangers. 

Post Your Comment
12/6/17 @ 5:01 AM
Greyghost
Greyghost
USER since 6/24/01

you are right thanks

Post Your Comment
12/4/17 @ 6:00 AM
jkb
jkb
USER since 6/25/02

Grey ghost, Unless there is another law that changed specific to Meadow Valley it is still illegal to leave stands up south of Hwy 64.  Hwy 64 runs from New Richmond to Bloomer to Merril, Antigo and then Marinette.

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/hunt/regulations.html

Post Your Comment
12/3/17 @ 11:57 AM
Greyghost
Greyghost
USER since 6/24/01

Stands law has change they can be left up Also important is just because a stand it there doesn't give some one sole rights to that spot if you happen to arrive before they do you can hunt and cannot be asked to leave or forced to leave Still public land.

Post Your Comment
12/2/17 @ 8:00 PM
jkb
jkb
USER since 6/25/02

My family used to hunt the area around Norway Ridge from the early 70’s until 2002.  My brother died that year and I never went back.

Id love to hear and talk to some of you about the area.  Many fond memories of duck, grouse and deer hunting around fire tower road, Big Charlie and the 3 ditches as well as Meadow Valley flowage.

Oldswampdog is my cousin and I know he has contacted people that hunt the area now.

Post Your Comment
11/28/17 @ 9:54 AM
dblelung
dblelung
USER since 11/30/02

We hunt meadow valley and yes it is illegal to leave them up, but take a walk around the area and you will see dozens of stands that are left up.  Our group has been hunting that area for many many years, the older guys in the group just celebrated their 50th year there.  This was probably the quietest year as far as shots heard.  We got a nine ptr out of 10 of us.  There definitely isnt nealry the amount of hunters as years past.

Post Your Comment
11/24/17 @ 4:31 AM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

Thanks for the info. No luck there fritz but got a doe on my uncles property. Very few shots heard on meadow Valley. 

Post Your Comment
11/23/17 @ 10:02 PM
Fritz
Fritz
USER since 6/27/01

I believe stands can only be left in north of highway 64.

Meadow Valley is south of 64.

Are you sure these stands are in Meadow Valley and not in the adjoining Necedah National Wildlife Refuge or county forest lands?  I think you could leave them up on some of those.  Don't take my word for it, but check it out.

BTW - did you have any luck?

Fritz

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts