LOGIN
Lake-Link

Looking for Colorado Elk Guide recommendations

9/13/21 @ 11:29 AM
ORIGINAL POST
zeplure
zeplure
MEMBER SINCE 2/11/02

I will be going fall of 2022 and am looking for recommendations for an Elk guide/outfitter. I will be 61 in reasonable shape and would like to go to a nice place that won't kill me. It will be myself and 32 year old son. 

Thank you for your input.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/14/21 @ 11:55 AM
madforlabs
USER SINCE 12/20/12

With no points I'd be reluctant to book a guided hunt which almost certainly will be on public land and will involve significant cost while still putting you in competition with a boatload of do it yourself hunters. It is nearly impossible to get away from the "crowd" in general or over the counter units.

My suggestion would be to spend your dollars on a good private ranch access fee and go self guided.

9/14/21 @ 6:15 AM
zeplure
zeplure
MEMBER SINCE 2/11/02

No points

9/13/21 @ 6:44 PM
madforlabs
USER SINCE 12/20/12

Do you have any preference points?

9/13/21 @ 1:45 PM
FullDraw05
USER SINCE 10/10/17
Cost can vary - like anything, you pretty much get what you pay for. The sweet spot i have found is anywhere from $7500 to $10k. If you want to get into the "once in a lifetime" free range type of hunts you're looking at upwards of $15K. I have never gone personally but I know a few that have gone to Sandy Hills Ranch in South Central CO.. they had nothing but good things to say about the place. 

9/13/21 @ 1:32 PM
fishnhunt14
USER SINCE 4/17/07

I don't know anywhere in Colorado but I am curious how much something like this costs if anyone knows.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Navigloo has become a benchmark product for the winter protection of watercrafts. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NAVIGLOO - Navigloo Fishing Boat Covers
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.