LOGIN
Lake-Link

Hunting the Upper Peninsula

12/10/15 @ 2:04 PM
ORIGNAL POST
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07
Wondering if anyone has any advice on hunting the UP, particularly Iron County? I am planning on muzzleloading up there this weekend and am looking to get away from the beaten path. Any advice, info, or past experience would be appreciated. Thanks

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/15/15 @ 12:21 PM
IceRat
IceRat
User since 12/1/02
Scoutking,

How was your U.P. experience? My brother and I have a cabin in western Gogebic Co and haven't deer hunted up there in 6-8 years. Why? Because there are very few deer left in the areas we hunt. However I plan to do a muzzleloader hunt next year because I miss the solitude of still hunting big woods.

12/14/15 @ 10:59 AM
Fishy1960
User since 10/15/15
I would look for new clear cuts-hunted the Bond lake area several years ago. Really nice looking wilderness hunting- but I noticed more deer near the towns and Lake areas than the wilderness-which is the case in Northern Wisconsin-maybe because of the wolves and the fact they are fed better around the lakes-good luck

12/10/15 @ 4:30 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
You won't have any problem getting away from the beaten path, I can tell ya that right now. The biggest by far is take a good compass Know where you are on the topo map at all times. A GPS won't hurt neither. As for seeing deer, good luck. Most of the U.P. is worse than northern WIs. You will be alone and see some darn nice looking peaceful land though. There is a bit of snow there now, maybe 4" so track may help you . When I start on land I don't know , I follow a river or creek. Impossible to get lost and seems the deer are there too.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 4 OF 4 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.