the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Blind 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 23 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/22/19 @ 5:38 PM
haf2fsh
MEMBER since 6/23/01

On property I bought over 10 years ago was a blind built on 6x6's  ten ft. high, we never used it.  Then last year my grandson ( a skilled carpenter) added another six foot to it. Enclosed it, built good ladder. A nice buck has been shot out of it past two years. I'd estimate it would cost over 700 dollars to build from scratch and take a couple of days. I'm too darn old to climb up there I'll stay in my ground blind.

12/22/19 @ 4:46 PM
outfishin
MEMBER since 1/14/13

One shot one kill,

Your best bet for raised platforms is going to be scaffolding. You should be able to get 2-5’ sections of scaffold for a couple hundred bucks. That will include the cross braces and stacking pins. You might be able to find some used stuff that’s even cheaper. I know that you could never build a raised platform out of wood that will be as strong, stable and durable as scaffolding. If I remember correctly, the last 8 sections I bought for work was about 900 bucks. 

12/22/19 @ 4:34 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Will these be on the ground  ?  With canary grass and alders I need a platform at least 10 foot up . I need to build mine in sections and assemble on top .

12/21/19 @ 11:34 PM
outfishin
MEMBER since 1/14/13

Almost done. Just have to cut a few more windows in, build the door, paint and put on the rubber roof

12/21/19 @ 9:02 PM
outfishin
MEMBER since 1/14/13

Working on a few ground blinds for my new hunting land. Hexagon shape for less blind spots. It’s easier to kill a nice buck by staying in the woods dark till dark. Easier staying in the woods dark till dark if you’re comfortable!!

12/13/19 @ 4:52 PM
mudbucket
User since 12/21/04

Still making a few from ibc totes and scrap wood from work. The ones I built from 2x2s are still holding up well. These are pretty lightweight and easy to put up.

12/13/19 @ 11:50 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

We have a few older Shadow Hunters that we use for gun hunting but after this years cold bow season my wife wants more in "bow spots" too as she just couldn't handle the cold.

I'll be building several for next year and will probably go with 2"x2" and Laun plywood. If you have pictures post them, I like looking at them for ideas.

12/13/19 @ 10:41 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I don't have a lot to compare them to, but they certainly seem to be doing just fine. I will clarify that the walls are framed with 2x2. The base is either 2x4 or 2x6 (don't recall).  I'll say the outside (plywood) on the oldest is looking pretty weathered, but still ok. The new one I sat in this year is obviously still looking good. His one with the garage door panels will look awesome forever. Depending on what you want, siding might not be a horrible idea. 

12/10/19 @ 5:41 PM
Coolhog
User since 10/7/18

Mine is 6x6....made from 2x2's and lewon.....rolled rubber roof.....painted brown.....3 1x3 slider windows from Menards.....toasty warm and will last 15yrs if I had to guess

12/10/19 @ 10:48 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

how have the 2x2 framed blinds held up?  we made one last year with 2x4's its a beast and heavy as hell to move around, was thinking the next one we would use 2x2's?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 23 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.