SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

Going West ? What did you draw ?

4/19/21 @ 6:45 PM
INITIAL POST
mikieb
User since 10/11/15

I scored a Montana General deer tag....  goodness it was pricy. But what a good hunt it is... I live for it. 

What did you draw ? 

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
9/6/21 @ 7:59 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

I got a Wyoming doe antelope tag.

7/6/21 @ 10:20 AM
Buckslayer523
User since 5/24/15

4 of us got our Region C deer tags Wyoming!  

6/19/21 @ 9:00 AM
golden retriever
User since 10/28/10

Just drew a deer tag for area B in Wyoming.  Never been there.  Any help from fellow hunters would be appreciated

6/18/21 @ 4:24 PM
Big Kahuna
User since 8/11/02

Dc Cady I to  drew a mule deer zone C but no antelope 

6/17/21 @ 5:45 PM
dc cady
User since 3/10/07

Just drew Wyoming region C deer tag but turned down for antelope.

So deer and trout fishing in October for me and my group.

5/23/21 @ 6:30 PM
bass423
PRO MEMBER User since 3/1/12

Got drawn for a COLO mulie and cow elk.  Going w/ my bro and this may be the last western hunt for us.  Looking forward to the hunt in early Nov.  

Best of luck to all you guys and gals going west.  Having hunted several states and COLO is tops for me, it is game rich and beautiful.

4/21/21 @ 2:00 PM
mikieb
User since 10/11/15

Squealin & reelin

I have hunted with a bow in Colorado...   goodness I came close !  Like 3 times on the same trip !   but, with that being said...  I ate that tag... 

I will tell you...they are covered up in bear in Colorado... Cinnamon color is not rare...  Someone in camp should have a bear tag. 

4/21/21 @ 10:09 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Montana General Elk. Packing in 18 miles on horseback. Yes, non-resident Montana tags are pricey. A little over $1K all said and done. Going with an outfitter. 

4/21/21 @ 8:24 AM
Squealin & reelin
User since 1/16/13

I am heading to Colorado this September for the first time. I will be going with a group of guys who have hunted out there once so we aren't going in completely blind but definitely not experts. Planning on elk hunting but would like to buy a over the counter bear tag in case we come across one throughout the trip. I know the odds of filling a tag with a bow on public land out there is a stretch but is it worth spending the extra 100 bucks on the bear tag? I just hate to spend almost a grand in tags alone just to eat them at the end of the week. 

4/21/21 @ 8:04 AM
mikieb
User since 10/11/15

Yes...  crazy expensive...  I believe $715.00 total if I remember right.  Just crazy when you get 5 deer tags in Wisconsin... 

I will be doing a,  "On your own" hunt,  out of a tent, on foot.  

But in my defense, it's the only vacation I take all year. And a chance to hunt the rut with a rifle with not another human around for miles and no fence to stop you is worth the price of admission. 

4/19/21 @ 7:58 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

So was the tag, itself costly? Or the getting an outfitter hunt?

Thnx & good luck!

Big Mac 

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE