Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Going West ? What did you draw ?

4/19/21 @ 6:45 PM
ORIGINAL POST
mikieb
USER SINCE 10/11/15

I scored a Montana General deer tag....  goodness it was pricy. But what a good hunt it is... I live for it. 

What did you draw ? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

4/21/21 @ 2:00 PM
mikieb
USER SINCE 10/11/15

Squealin & reelin

I have hunted with a bow in Colorado...   goodness I came close !  Like 3 times on the same trip !   but, with that being said...  I ate that tag... 

I will tell you...they are covered up in bear in Colorado... Cinnamon color is not rare...  Someone in camp should have a bear tag. 

4/21/21 @ 10:09 AM
Bowhunting Guy
USER SINCE 5/22/18

Montana General Elk. Packing in 18 miles on horseback. Yes, non-resident Montana tags are pricey. A little over $1K all said and done. Going with an outfitter. 

4/21/21 @ 8:24 AM
Squealin & reelin
USER SINCE 1/16/13

I am heading to Colorado this September for the first time. I will be going with a group of guys who have hunted out there once so we aren't going in completely blind but definitely not experts. Planning on elk hunting but would like to buy a over the counter bear tag in case we come across one throughout the trip. I know the odds of filling a tag with a bow on public land out there is a stretch but is it worth spending the extra 100 bucks on the bear tag? I just hate to spend almost a grand in tags alone just to eat them at the end of the week. 

4/21/21 @ 8:04 AM
mikieb
USER SINCE 10/11/15

Yes...  crazy expensive...  I believe $715.00 total if I remember right.  Just crazy when you get 5 deer tags in Wisconsin... 

I will be doing a,  "On your own" hunt,  out of a tent, on foot.  

But in my defense, it's the only vacation I take all year. And a chance to hunt the rut with a rifle with not another human around for miles and no fence to stop you is worth the price of admission. 

4/19/21 @ 7:58 PM
big mac
MEMBER SINCE 2/19/02

So was the tag, itself costly? Or the getting an outfitter hunt?

Thnx & good luck!

Big Mac 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.