Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Elevated blind

10/22/17 @ 5:19 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Lund forever
User since 1/21/08

I am building a 4 by 8 foot elevated blind out of treated plywood.  It's only going to be 8 foot up.  On the 8 foot side I want to cut in a opening to shoot out of.  I' considering an opening about 14 inches high by 6 ft. wide.  My chair in 16 inches high so I'm thinking the opening should be about 35 inches up from the floor.   Has anyone done this and do have dimensions on this height ?  Lund  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/25/17 @ 8:55 AM
Cold Front
MEMBER since 7/9/01

Also depends on your size. You need to sit down and make some measurements. Use a chair that is the same sized as the one you use and prop a 2x4 across some supports and and see what it feels like. Build the sill a little shorter than you think. It is a lot easier to tack on an extra 2x4 than cut it down. Mrt. 

10/22/17 @ 6:47 PM
fetch-um-up
User since 2/19/06
Depends if you are shooting up or down hill also.  And don't forget to have some way to keep from being silhouetted.  The rising or setting sun can cause issues by either being in your face or backlighting you.  If I was building a permanent blind I would have a long overhang to help keep the sun off me when it is low angle......

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.