SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

East Coast Black bear hunting?

6/21/21 @ 4:19 PM
INITIAL POST
big mac
User since 2/19/02

I've seen several shows about the bear hunting on east coast states. Such as the Carolinas, Virginia,  etc.

Has anyone done it? If so, did you use an outfitter/guide?

Dogs, sit & bait?

Thanks, 

Big Mac 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
6/26/21 @ 9:34 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

My back story for this thread;

I went to a local sports/guide shop near Black River Falls. I asked about a guided bear hunt. $1500.00! And they hunt & bait PUBLIC LAND.  They said you hunt from ladder stands. This was years before you could leave a stand on public land. I said, " wait, you CAN'T leave stands on public lands!". His reply, " we help the DNR/Wardens, so they leave us alone" . Very very close to the exact statement!

Plus, i do have a lease close by. But hard to find someone to bait on a regular basis. 

So, just looking for options. 

Big Mac 

6/26/21 @ 4:57 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

Thanks so far for the input!

I'm more interested in quality not quantity. 

Ive seen some amazing videos of numerous large bears in N. Carolina,  etc.

Big Mac 

6/26/21 @ 9:19 AM
mikieb
User since 10/11/15

Ya, New Jersey is getting over run with bear.... not kidding...  they really have a large bear population....    some folks from Wisconsin need to go out and shoot a video or two about hunting bear in New Jersey....  that would be cool... 

6/22/21 @ 11:06 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

I’ve never bear hunted eastern states, but did do a spring bear hunt in New Brunswick (just over the Canadian border from Maine). Obviously, with the border issues that’s not in the cards now but something you may want to consider. Cost was very reasonable and there are a tremendous amount of bears and a very high success rate. 

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE