MORE
Big Game Hunting

Deer license sales 2018

11/14/18 @ 4:52 PM
INITIAL POST
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

Does anyone know where to find the number of bow, crossbow and gun license sales so far in Wisconsin?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 89 posts
11/29/20 @ 9:35 AM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

Deer license sales were up 3% compared to last year. The harvest was down a bit up north and up a bit down south. I have heard very little about it. 

11/17/20 @ 11:25 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I hunt Marquette as well.  I have 8 doe tags now between my bow and gun licenses.  As a group we generally shoot and eat more deer than average, but the amount they give is excessive even for us.  I remember back to the late 90's and early 2000's when we couldn't even get a doe tag.  There were deer everywhere back then.  We still have good numbers in our area, but there's no way we can fill as many tags as we have.

11/13/20 @ 8:32 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

I new it had to be there or Richland cty.I know Richland is good hunting .

11/13/20 @ 4:00 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Marquette 

11/12/20 @ 7:10 AM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

What county are you hunting in Mr.Seaguar?

11/12/20 @ 3:32 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

I wonder why the state gives me 4 antlerless licenses. Who wants 5 deer?

11/11/20 @ 7:38 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Just read license sales are up 10% over this time last year. 

Tim

11/9/20 @ 7:53 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

And turkey licenses this past spring.

Tim

11/9/20 @ 9:22 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I heard the 'more people hunting due to Covid' thing.  I think it was on the news the other day or something like that.  They said the same thing about fishing licenses I believe.

11/8/20 @ 11:08 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

As far as gun deer license sales that number is likely to change right before the season starts. With the trend of online sales purchase many will wait till last minute to buy a license. 

11/8/20 @ 9:36 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

Has anyone heard of the 2020 deer license sales this year? I heard that Michigan license sales are up. Anyone hear of Wisconsin sales?

12/3/19 @ 10:27 PM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06

The gun license sales ended up being down almost 12000 which is about2%.                         As I posted before, a DNR employee once told us the deer population in Northern Wisconsin after a bad winter is only about 10 deer per square mile. A average wolf pack numbers about 5 or 6 wolves and each wolf needs about 20 deer a year to survive. So do the math, until something is done to bring down the wolf population deer hunting is probably not going to get any better up north. 

12/3/19 @ 6:48 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

I think you are right Yamatroller. I told my son the other day, I am not hunting Price county next year, no way !. He quietly agreed. I am not sure yet where we will go if he even bothers anymore . Heck I just might hunt Missouri  and say to heck with it. It will be 1 week earlier, and 20 degrees warmer. 

The DNR is so clueless, or it caress so little that it is hard to tell.

12/2/19 @ 11:18 PM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06

Gun license sales which is gun, sportsmens, and patron is down closer to 20000 from last year. Doesn't surprise me none, I think I know 3 times as many guys who used to gun hunt then who gun hunt any more. People have to realize that deer hunting in Wisconsin is changing,more guys are giving up on gun season and taking up crossbow hunting. Also it is getting to the point that deer hunting in a lot of the northern half of the State isn't hardly worth the effort anymore which is a big reason lots of guys have given up gun hunting.

11/30/19 @ 9:38 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

That is very interesting Yamatroller.  I didn't think of it that way and they dont tell ya. There sure are a lot less hunters in NW wis. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 89 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE