LOGIN
Lake-Link

Deer Kill Drops 30%

12/7/14 @ 5:12 PM
ORIGNAL POST
The Outdoorskid
The Outdoorskid
User since 1/16/12
2012-20% drop in deer kills 2013-25% 2014-30% Whats your opinions on this? i think its just certain parts of the state but still back in the day there were deer all over vilas county and elsewhere and ive talked to so many people that didnt see anything. Crying

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/8/14 @ 9:24 PM
gooseslayer
gooseslayer
User since 2/1/10
Just a simple observation, there were 36,000 less deer killed from 2013 to 2014, however; with that being said there were also 21,000 less gun licenses sold. With the drop of gun came an increase of 13,000 archery licenses sold and that number has so far only been reported up until 11/20. Just my 2 cents but there might be more to it than the "low" deer numbers.

12/8/14 @ 4:25 PM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05
"2012-20% drop in deer kills 2013-25% 2014-30% Whats your opinions on this? "

The number of deer killed seems to be decreasing.

12/7/14 @ 7:50 PM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06
We hunt in Forest County and I would say the past 2 winters and the lack of logging in the National Forest are probably the biggest reasons for lack of deer. Until there is an increase of logging the deer population will never survive winters like the last. The forest is getting to mature and a mature forest will not support many deer. Yea the wolves and the bears get a few deer but I am afraid its going to get worse before it gets better if this winter does not moderate.

12/7/14 @ 7:32 PM
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
User since 2/25/12
I blame the DNR but I blame all us deer hunters as well. We all need to hunt smarter. Remember it takes years for does to filter in your land once they are gone. We did have a harsh winter that did not help. I had no issue seeing and shooting deer. But I know that you will see less with less people hunting during gun season. For most of you there is deer where you are but you will need to change your tactics when the number of hunters drop.

12/7/14 @ 6:13 PM
Crappies101
User since 5/1/14
The Outdoorskid- I agre with you that everybody that I've talked has said they didn't see anything either. What I don't agree with is that the drop in deer kills is just in parts of the state. Up in vilas county where I hunt the wolves and the hard winters have benn taking its' toll on the deer herd for quite a few years. Now down near Central Wisconsin, I don't think it has changed very much for what people usually shoot. Overall, the new regs for the state, especially the Northern half, is a reason there weren't as many deer shot. In my opinion, having the Northern half of the state buck-only will help the deer herd rise up there. I hope the DNR keeps these new regs because there is a very good chance that they'll help the deer herds rise. What do others think?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.