Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Cwd testing

11/21/19 @ 5:35 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Unsinkable2
User since 10/4/19

So we are going to be getting any deer we get, tested this year.  

Has anyone done this? All I find on dnr website is a self serving testing kiosk. Doesn’t explain anything about it? How it’s done, or what I need to do.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/22/19 @ 7:43 AM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

I had a deer tested in 2018 and one this year.  

2018, at a station where they help you with collection, take the head in and they do all the rest, very easy.

2019, I used a DNR self collection kit, not hard, good directions and video link to watch, but took me a little bit of time, will be easier next time.

Results from both deer were available on DNR website in about 7 business days.

Good Luck!!

11/21/19 @ 8:23 PM
jitterbug1962
User since 12/14/14

DNR web site has all the procedures and info needed for what, where, when, and how.

11/21/19 @ 6:24 PM
Unsinkable2
User since 10/4/19

So I need to cut the head off, and leave it? 

I didn’t know that.  I guess I’ll do that when I get it home and am butchering it.  

I now assume most people do it this way since I haven’t seen many headless deer being transported.  

11/21/19 @ 6:12 PM
SB Dad
User since 8/16/09

I've dropped my heads off at manned and self service kiosks.Pretty easy really.They will have instructions there.Have your customer number,authorization(tag#)number,county of kill.The manned stations will also ask you the township the deer was shot in.My bow kill results were back in less than a week but it might take a little longer with the bigger volume of tests during the gun season.

11/21/19 @ 6:10 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

Why?  It’s a Chinese hoax.  Or was that something else?  I forget.

Seriously though.  I wish the process was more user friendly for those who want to participate.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.