LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bison Herd Thinning AZ (volunteers)

4/30/21 @ 12:24 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

Grand Canyon National Park Seeks Skilled Volunteers for North Rim Bison Reduction

Information on Application

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/3/21 @ 1:48 PM
MAK
MAK
MEMBER SINCE 6/16/01

Got the Dear John notification, not unexpected - was worth a shot. 

5/17/21 @ 4:47 AM
marinerman
USER SINCE 6/27/01

Got an email alert when ot was first announced. Read the instruction / expectations. Looks like more a shoot then a hunt by the number of "teams" and the herd reduction numbers. I'm personally not interested in a bison shoot, but to each their own. You get to keep one but it says 'may not be one shot by you' (?)

5/6/21 @ 10:42 AM
MAK
MAK
MEMBER SINCE 6/16/01

Thanks for the heads up.  She's on a waiting list for a garage, I'll have to make sure she's got the appropriate coverage on her Jeep.  

I am hoping to get out of here today, had my fill of the cold - I am heading back to the 90's.

5/6/21 @ 8:41 AM
Fish Hound
USER SINCE 1/29/02

Moving my daughter to Littleton CO this weekend looks like you have some weather out your way this evening.

That area has intense hail storms, tell your daughter to be prepared. I'm constantly in that (and all around Denver) area inspecting building damage and designing repairs. About the only thing that doesn't get beat up is the concrete and black top.

5/5/21 @ 9:53 PM
MAK
MAK
MEMBER SINCE 6/16/01

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-northern-az/chance-to-hunt-bison-at-grand-canyon-draws-45k-applicants

45,000 applicants for 12 spots, didn't cost anything to apply and only took about 30 seconds - better odds than the lottery I guess. 

5/2/21 @ 11:04 PM
MAK
MAK
MEMBER SINCE 6/16/01

Already submitted my application, as I expect several thousand others have.  I have an Elk permit just south in unit 10 as a backup.

Moving my daughter to Littleton CO this weekend looks like you have some weather out your way this evening.

Beautiful country out this way.

5/2/21 @ 2:41 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/01

Yes, I am.. 

5/2/21 @ 8:13 AM
ihookem
ihookem
USER SINCE 11/29/01

Golden dave, I have not heard from you in years. Still in Colorado?

5/1/21 @ 5:04 PM
utahman
USER SINCE 3/9/03

I got one in the Henrys Mountains in Utah. Bring Horses. A lot of things you might have to go through. A class that tells you how to identify males from females. Application to carry a firearm across national park. Instructions on how to take a blood draw of the animal and submit it for brucellosis. I would recommend a guide, buffalo can be really hard to find if you dont know the country. I got mine coming out at the entrance to a box canyon, the guide knew there was no way out so he sent his son in on his horse to get them moving out.

4/30/21 @ 8:58 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER SINCE 8/12/02

That would be a lot of meat , and work to clean and move . Sounds like fun though.  Too bad two fake knees cuts down on my mobility. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.