MORE
Big Game Hunting

2020 Gun Season Big Buck Contest

11/19/20 @ 9:48 AM
INITIAL POST
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

After winning this prestigious award last year, I was looking to defend my title, yet no one has started the thread.  So I guess I'll have to.

The scoring is simple: number of points + inside spread. So  a 10 point buck with a 16”  spread is 26 points. 

Entry into the contest must be declared before the start of legal hunting hours on Saturday 11-21-20.

Entry fee is free as always, with 100% of that paid to the first place winner. 

If you do score an entry please post pics.

Good luck and stay safe!

I'm in!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 66 posts
4/23/21 @ 8:15 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

Kudos to all, and congrats Hardcore!!! What a brute.

4/22/21 @ 7:15 AM
2/5/21 @ 11:29 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Congratulations to all, and what a brute of a buck Hardcore!  That's a true legend.  Thanks for the kind words Dude!

2/4/21 @ 12:48 PM
Hardcore-Wisconsin
Hardcore-Wisconsin
User since 8/10/10

awesome!! congrats to everyone who scored 

2/2/21 @ 2:02 PM
Mountainwi
User since 12/8/18

Hardcore very nice buck for Sheboygan county. Some nice deer in that area by the tower

2/2/21 @ 1:28 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

And finally, the GRAND PRIZE!  1st place along with it's bragging rights and all other benefits goes to the one and only, Hardcore-Wisconsin.  And I don't think anyone will argue that the Hardcore doesn't deserve it with this absolute stud of a deer.  Its score for our purposes was 27.  

Congratulations Hardcore-Wisconsin.  AWESOME DEER!

2/2/21 @ 1:25 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

2nd place goes to badgerstatehunter with a score of 26.  Very nice deer!

2/2/21 @ 1:24 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

3rd place goes to scoutking07 with a score of 24.

scoutking07 gets my legitimate honorable mention for again getting it done in the National Forest.  I spend a ton of time in the area that he hunts, and I wouldn't even know where to start if I wanted to actually kill a deer up there.  This guy consistently gets it done!  Congrats!

2/2/21 @ 1:22 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

In 5th place, was MightHunter with a score of 20.

2/2/21 @ 1:22 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

4th Place goes to IceRat, who scored 20.5.

2/2/21 @ 1:12 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Now, for the moment we have all been waiting for.  We had 27 contestants this year.  5 of them scored, all of them very nice deer.  

2/2/21 @ 1:10 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

I would like to apologize for my severe dereliction of duty.  I have tallied everything up, and FINALLY have results.  

But first:  my disHONORABLE MENTIONS (tongue-in-cheek).  These are our friends that scored a deer, but were not entered into the contest in time.

swampguy (crazy looking deer)

Fishloveme entered a score of 9 = good eats!

Tito39

Bassmaster+recordracks 2

Master_Piker (another crazy looking deer)

And finally, the ultimate party foul goes to surf n turf who entered the largest deer of the contest.  He wasn't in the contest and the deer was his sons.    

Congratulation to all of you.  Next year enter the contest earlier and shoot your own deer.    

12/21/20 @ 6:21 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Dude needs to announce a winner here... 

Dude?...Dude?... Bueller?...Anyone?..Anyone?

12/1/20 @ 11:14 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

That's a cool looking buck, Master.  Same thing happened for me last year with my buck.  I didn't even realize it had one rack until I got up to it.  I noticed the opposite side's leg had an enlargened foot, and old injury I'm sure from getting hit by a car maybe or tripping on something...who knows.  Would've been a nice 8 pointer but instead I got a 4 pointer.  I used to hunt Vernon County as well. Some nice bucks up there, but the last few years I hunted up there it got tougher. Not that there weren't a ton of deer up there, there were, but we had very few other hunters in the area anymore to get the deer moving a little more.

12/1/20 @ 7:19 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

I did not get on here to enter the contest this year before the season started, but thought I'd share my buck with you guys and gals anyway. Shot this old brute in Vernon County on 11/25. He had a severely broken leg (old injury) that I assume caused his rack to grow the way it did. I saw him three times Wednesday before I was able to get a shot. Not my highest scoring buck by any means, but one of the coolest!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 66 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE