MORE
Big Game Hunting

2019 Gun Season Big Buck Contest

11/20/19 @ 2:03 PM
INITIAL POST
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

It looks like we have all been waiting around for Shedhunter to fire this up, but he seems to be MIA. Anyhow, we gotta have one so here goes. 

I’m not going to look up the rules, but as I recall it’s always number of points + inside spread. So  a 10 point buck with a 16”  spread is 26 points. 

Entry into the contest must be declared before the start of legal hunting hours on Saturday 11-23-19.

Entry fee is free as always, with 100% of that paid to the first place winner. 

If you do score an entry please post pics.

Good luck to all and we hope everyone has a safe, fun and successful (whatever that means to you) season. 

I AM IN!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 52 posts
12/18/19 @ 7:40 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

Nice Buck Dude! Gonna have to get me one of those Krunchers! 

12/18/19 @ 3:45 PM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
User since 5/31/02

"After copious amounts of research, I found my competitive advantage:  The Kruncher.  That's right, the giant plastic acorn that mimics the sounds of deer chewing on acorns.  After sitting for an exhausting 25 minutes opening morning without seeing a single deer (it honestly felt more like 30 - 35 minutes), I put together an intense crunching sequence."

"The Kruncher"......who knew?

I heard that "Krunching" sound out in the woods and just started blasting away in that general direction. Then I went over there to see what I just shot.

Ewwwww.

NICE BUCK DUDE.

12/18/19 @ 11:53 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

I am humbled and honored to win such a prestigious award.  It makes all of the training and preparation worth while.  First, I'd like to thank God for inventing white-tailed deer. Second, I need to thank my Lake-Link brothers and sisters for always standing behind me and believing in me.  I'd also like to thank my friend for letting me hunt on his land.  I'd like to thank Roy Weatherby for perfecting the .270 caliber by shoving maximum powder behind it and calling it the .270 WBY MAG.  

Finally, and most importantly, I'd like to thank the good folks at Hunter's Specialties.  After going "buck-less" with my rifle since 2012, I decided it was time to make a change.  After copious amounts of research, I found my competitive advantage:  The Kruncher.  That's right, the giant plastic acorn that mimics the sounds of deer chewing on acorns.  After sitting for an exhausting 25 minutes opening morning without seeing a single deer (it honestly felt more like 30 - 35 minutes), I put together an intense crunching sequence. Within minutes I had multiple bucks coming in from multiple directions.  I picked the biggest and squeezed off the shot!  The rest, as they say, is history!  

12/17/19 @ 5:09 PM
JigDipper
JigDipper
User since 12/19/14

We need a victory speech and a shout out to all of his sponsors!

12/17/19 @ 8:07 AM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Congrats Dude! great buck!

12/16/19 @ 2:40 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

Congrats to everyone that was able to fill a tag this year, there have been some nice deer taken. Based on the rules of the contest (declaration of entry before the start of shooting hours on opening day) the winner of this year’s contest is....(drumroll)...

The Dude!

Congratulations and don’t spend it all in one place.

12/11/19 @ 2:00 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

I think it has stayed open through the end of the muzzleloader season in past years because a lot of people are still out chasing deer with the smokepole. That ends today so results are expected in the near future. 

The committee is thinking about delaying it until after the Heisman ceremony on Saturday. It’s just a courtesy thing, we don’t want to steal their thunder with our big announcement.

I had a missed opportunity on a possible contest winner earlier this week. Doh!

12/11/19 @ 12:28 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Looks like you took the crown, if we are allowing MN entries.      

12/11/19 @ 8:25 AM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

So who ended up winning the grand prize?  Someone deserves the 100% pay out.  

12/4/19 @ 11:34 AM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

inside spread of 13.5" and 8 points = 21.5 Not my biggest but welcomed. Archery season was tough this year with no real opportunities at a buck. Shot Friday day after Thanksgiving following a group of does. 

11/30/19 @ 8:04 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

18 1/2 inside and 9 point, 27.5 points.  Shotgun SE Minnesota this morning.

11/24/19 @ 4:22 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Waupaca Cty.  Dressed weight was 164 lbs., which is above average for us post rut.

11/24/19 @ 10:32 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

My official entry score is 25.  18” wide inside and 7 points.

11/23/19 @ 3:04 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03

Congrats Dude, nice deer and 1st one to make the board.

11/23/19 @ 12:34 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Dang, that is scary!  I’m praying for her. 

No idea how old, but I think he’s the biggest bodied deer I’ve killed.  I bet he was huge a month ago!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 52 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE