SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

2019 Deer Season

11/2/19 @ 2:02 AM
INITIAL POST
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Just getting a thread going. I know I'm not the only person who is feeling excited for the season. I hunt Burnett county. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 31 posts
12/4/19 @ 11:37 AM
take'em!
User since 9/8/11

Overall, a decent season. I killed the only deer of a group of 4 guys on about 80 acres. There were other opportunities that were passed on and a couple misses. We had the most deer movement opening day and then around Thanksgiving. Shot this buck Friday after thanksgiving in the evening around 4:20PM following a group of 5 does. Washington County

12/4/19 @ 11:21 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I ended up getting two nice does and my uncle shot a nubby.  Other than opening day movement was almost non existent until Thanksgiving when I saw a ton of deer and got one doe.  The 2nd saturday was the best for us.  I saw quite a few early and then my uncle got down and headed to me.  As he was about 50 yards from my stand I noticed a few does coming towards me.  I shot one doe and then they ran right towards my uncle where he got the nubby.  I also had a nice buck come through, but I just couldn't get a shot.  Overall it was a slower season, but between bow and gun I got 3 does so overall we've had a decent year.  Freezers are full and our group/family should have enough meat to last the year.

12/3/19 @ 11:15 AM
Nut
Nut'nbutbowhunt'n
User since 11/9/09

Shot this one last week Monday morning before 7:00am. Caught him sneaking through the red brush heading to bed. Not the biggest but I’m very happy with him. 

11/29/19 @ 10:22 PM
Tito39
User since 7/6/04

Shot this buck in Iowa County this morning. Hunted hard all week and happy to be done before the wet weather moves in for the weekend. Good luck to those still hunting.

11/24/19 @ 7:18 AM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Congrats to all who have been successful. Some great looking deer here.

Very slow for our camp so far, but that’s ok. Plenty of time yet. 

11/24/19 @ 6:08 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

I saw deer opening day at 9:00, 9:30, 10:39, noon, and then these two at 12:30. Shot both of them and they dropped instantly. This is my first buck and I've been hunting for 26 years! He would've been an 8 pointer but he was missing the one side of his rack. From the angle I shot him I never even knew he didn't have the other half, but I don't care, can't eat the rack anyway!

11/23/19 @ 9:08 PM
Thrash
Thrash
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Scored at 3:30 this afternoon.  Saw three different bucks and they were all chasing does.  

11/23/19 @ 6:43 PM
joeywadu
User since 5/13/02

I've sat w my daughter since she was 12...she is 36...24 years and she never got a buck w a legal rack until 1030am this morning...dropped it in its tracks...and nowshe is a stone cold killer...good luck to everyone..

Wadu

11/23/19 @ 3:06 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Brother in law connected this morning. Wow! Some serious mass!

All I've seen was his dad driving the manure spreader on the field behind me lol.

11/23/19 @ 9:35 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

I’m on the board!  6:53 am this morning.

Wide 7 (8 with a busted off brow)

11/23/19 @ 8:56 AM
antler junkie
User since 8/17/05

Sad morning for me. Missing my first opening day in 46 years, not including my four years in the U.S Navy many years ago. The pain in my legs has just become to much for me and now walking even twenty feet is very difficult,Just getting in and out of the truck is hard. Hope my brother and buddies at the deer camp up in Douglas county do well and have a great time. Good luck to all you hunters in the woods and fields this morning and through out the deer season. Post pictures and stories if you can.

11/21/19 @ 10:40 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Super super excited. I won't  freeze to death this year, that's good. I go up with one friend, so not really a 'camp', but we hunt his family ground. I would love to go in with a group and buy some ground.  That would be awesome. But I am going even if it means public ground. Everyone have a safe and enjoyable season. 

11/20/19 @ 11:56 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

nothing like 40's and sunny for da opener!!  

11/20/19 @ 11:30 AM
BadgerRedd
User since 3/11/07

Second FullDraw, my Dad passed away 3 years ago and our family hunt has virtually ended since we hunted his land(he sold his home/property when his health declined). Lots of good memories but the "hunt" is now just me because nobody else wants to hunt public lands. Bittersweet time when remembering past hunts and knowing it will never happen again. Definitely a reminder to enjoy the experience with family and getting a deer is just a bonus. Good luck !!

11/20/19 @ 9:29 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

love seeing everyone fired up about the upcoming season, it's the best time of year. My season changed last saturday as I got down from a bowhunt to learn the passing of one of my immediate family members. I didn't hunt with him but he would pop into our deer camp every now and then. Deer season this year will be much different than anticipated so to all of you with ongoing, declining, or growing camps. Cherish every second you get to spend with your crew. It can be taken in a flash. I'm hoping to make it out on saturday to sit and reflect all day with no phone or anything, just some time in my favorite place. If a deer happens to walk past, excellent, but very much looking forward to the time and memories with my dad, brothers, uncles, and friends this weekend. Good luck everyone. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 31 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE