SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

2015 Western Hunts

1/6/15 @ 7:32 AM
INITIAL POST
dc cady
User since 3/10/07
It is that time of year to either start applying or at least start thinking about applying for your western hunt. As for me...my brother and I have max points for Wyoming elk and are once again going to put in for a tough draw area, we were unsuccessful last year. I will inform of my hopefully successful draw and good luck to all!
Displaying 31 to 45 of 60 posts
4/13/15 @ 1:34 PM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05
I will be hunting around the park Stangl. Really nice area with big buck potential. Sneaking around the badlands with a bow sounds fun to me.
3/26/15 @ 4:28 PM
lookn
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05
ND Mule deer tag in hand! Can't wait till November.
3/1/15 @ 6:15 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12
JOB Go to the Wyoming Game and Fish website. They list draw odds/pt. requirements for each unit. Wyoming also allocates 5% of the tags for applicants in a random draw that is not point dependent.
3/1/15 @ 11:48 AM
dc cady
User since 3/10/07
Jjb my brother and I had 9 points going into this years draw. The area we applied for gave us a smidge over a 50 percent chance to draw. I have never been very lucky in any sort of drawings but every year their are less people with max points so it's gotta happen eventually. We really want this unit because of the outfitter we have chosen to go with says he has the Bulls just needs the hunters. He also has another unit we could have pulled a tag in but we feel we are in a great position for a hunt of a lifetime.
2/28/15 @ 3:59 PM
Working Retrievers
Working Retrievers
User since 5/12/03
Max points means they have all the preference points since WY. went to that system of draw for tags.
2/28/15 @ 11:36 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12
DC You can draw Wyo. Region 7 with Max pts. I've hunted it numerous times. PM me if you would like to discuss. Right location and it's well worth blowing the points.
2/26/15 @ 2:19 PM
dc cady
User since 3/10/07
Struck out again with max points I hope I draw before I get toooooo old.
2/26/15 @ 11:59 AM
PYbuckman
PYbuckman
User since 12/19/14
Wyoming elk draw licenses are posted. Looks as though I'm going archery elk hunting in September. I had 8 preference points and finally received my limited draw area. Haven't hunted it since 2006. Excited!!!!
2/25/15 @ 8:32 AM
dc cady
User since 3/10/07
Well, wyoming elk draw is going to be no later than Friday. I and I'm sure many are eagerly awaiting the results!!!!
2/18/15 @ 1:54 PM
snkskgb
User since 7/14/08
Doesn't overly interest me, but she would like it. what would be the best sports show to go learn more about my options? I thought about going to the deer and turkey expo in Illinois this weekend, but I am 4 hours away.
2/18/15 @ 1:30 PM
dc cady
User since 3/10/07
Snkskg, have you ever considered an antelope hunt. I took both my son and stepson on antelope hunt/fishing trips when they were in 8th grade and they both loved it. Not boring in the least for them, all spot and stalk. The cost can be very reasonable too if you can find a landowner and pay a trespass fee or just go on public land.
2/18/15 @ 10:23 AM
snkskgb
User since 7/14/08
I would like to take my daughter out west Elk hunting this year or next. She would be 15 or 16. We do not have any preference points and I have never hunted out of state so I am looking for some help. If you have any suggestions on outfitters or areas I would appreciate it. If we cannot do a short notice Elk hunt, we would consider mule deer.Any thoughts?
2/17/15 @ 5:45 PM
CARPAZZ
User since 2/10/05
Plan was unit 16 and 14 but now I pulled a bear tag for here in WI and now going to get a cow tag for Wyoming and go later in the fall.
2/9/15 @ 8:00 AM
CARPAZZ
User since 2/10/05
Will be going back out to South Dakota for turkey this spring and also a spring saskatchewan bear hunt might happen. In the fall a CO elk hunt along with a South Dakota mule deer and speed goat hunt.
1/27/15 @ 8:30 AM
dc cady
User since 3/10/07
My Bro and I just submitted our Wyoming limited region elk applications. We have max points and now all we can do is hope and keep our fingers crossed that we get drawn. The deadline for elk applications is closing fast so don't forget to put in. Good luck and good hunt to all.
Displaying 31 to 45 of 60 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE