Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2015 Western Hunts

1/6/15 @ 7:32 AM
ORIGNAL POST
dc cady
User since 3/10/07
It is that time of year to either start applying or at least start thinking about applying for your western hunt. As for me...my brother and I have max points for Wyoming elk and are once again going to put in for a tough draw area, we were unsuccessful last year. I will inform of my hopefully successful draw and good luck to all!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 50 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/17/15 @ 3:06 PM
adubs
User since 12/4/06
Guess I wasn't the only one who forgot to post pics from out west this year! Brothers and myself tagged out in public land archery Bulls in NM. Had a great time as usual Big Smile. Congrats to everyone else who had a Successful trip out west this year!

11/17/15 @ 12:50 PM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04
Forgot about posting a pic from out West here when we got back. Two out of three of us got bulls. Third guy worked hard but couldn't get on one. We had a great time though.

Not a good angle on the pics, but they are both 5 x 5's

11/16/15 @ 7:50 PM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
User since 7/15/05
Buddy and I got it done in ND.

10/8/15 @ 2:38 PM
jlkohl
User since 6/9/02
Good job on the success guys... I'm currently building points (9 so far) for a mulie hunt in CO. Might go for it next year, although sure do want to get back on an elk hunt as well. Decisions decisions...

Anyone know of a good outfitter in CO that requires high point count? Eastern plains spot and stalk would be cool, but probably going on a later season rut hunt.

10/6/15 @ 6:32 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02
Nice deer guys! I would love to get out there again!!! Either to chase deer, antelope, or elk! Big Mac

10/6/15 @ 4:30 PM
SB Dad
User since 8/16/09
Nice stang!Congrats.

10/6/15 @ 10:05 AM
SB Dad
User since 8/16/09
A good friend and I doubled on the first morning of our hunt this year in Wyoming.We were hunting a piece of public for the first time as our tags were not good for the ranch we stay and normally hunt on.They may not be the biggest bucks around but we were very happy with them. Big Smile

9/23/15 @ 9:08 AM
yahay
User since 11/28/07
Son tagged a 5x5 bull elk and his partner tagged a 6x5 bull elk. The two did a DIY 7 day pack in archery hunt in Wyoming. Pretty darn lucky to both tag out on a public land hunt. Super proud of both. Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

9/22/15 @ 5:50 AM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04
Ouch...that sucks on the miss. A little tougher with their muzzleloader restrictions though for sure.

I can tell it is getting close. Pile of stuff is getting larger, wife is getting crabbier.

9/21/15 @ 7:46 PM
drptine
User since 6/6/07
Home for a few days from Colorado before I leave again so I thought I would give a quick run down on the Colorado hunt. Hunted near Gunisson for the full muzzle loader season with one 5x5 bull taken between the three of us. I unfortunately missed a chip shot of about sixty yards on a very nice 6x6. The weather was warm with lows at night in the low forties and highs of 80. All in all a great hunt. Hopefully the next hunt will bring a little better success.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 50 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.