SEARCH
MORE
Bass Fishing

What is your favorite bass fishing lure for fall or just in general

8/28/21 @ 12:57 PM
INITIAL POST
The Clueless Fishermen
User since 8/10/21

Hey I'm looking for some new lures to try any suggestions ?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts
9/28/22 @ 7:47 AM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
small blue n black bitsy bug jig with gambler craw trailer or a lipless crank rattln vibe in red craw color.  hammer!!!
9/12/22 @ 1:55 PM
badgerstatehunter
User since 2/6/06

Lately its been a texas rigged senko.  Had many more bites on this, especially when bite was tough.  

9/11/22 @ 7:09 AM
Joe D
Joe D
PRO MEMBER User since 3/21/05

Love topwater. For the first time this year I tried a Whopper Plopper. Hands down the best topwater bait I have ever used.

9/10/22 @ 3:56 PM
Big Hitter
Big Hitter
User since 3/11/12

I usually start with a wacky or Texas rigged Senko. But Fall is a great time of year to use crankbaits so I'd certainly give them a try.

11/6/21 @ 7:27 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Today it was a crankbait.

11/4/21 @ 7:16 AM
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09

Double willow gold spinner bait

10/31/21 @ 1:58 PM
glimmertwin
User since 1/18/11

A six inch black rubber worm with a single twister style tail. Eighth oz. cone shaped slip sinker in front and an exposed long shank hook. I know many like to rig this weedless, but worms are cheap- think the exposed hook gives better chance. Of course eveyone prefers top water for the pure excitement, but if I gotta get me a bucketmouth , worm my go to of choice. 

10/29/21 @ 5:16 PM
badgerbass
User since 8/20/07

topwater until water falls below 55 degrees

jerkbait 

spinnerbait

10/13/21 @ 10:24 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06

Best fall baits;

1. Lipless crankbait

2. Football jig

3.  Deep crank

4. Buzzbait

5. A fluke

Overall, aside from fall, my favorite techniques to fish are a drop shot, a football jig and a 10" worm....I really love fishing all of these....a lipless crank isnt far behind though...gottta love a lipless!   I also really enjoy dragging a tube...wish I got a chance to do this more.  Jerk baits are super fun, too.

Sometimes I feel like I am the only guy that doesnt like fishing topwater all that much...lol

8/31/21 @ 7:01 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

X2 Johnson silver minnow with a uncle Josh bass strip or spinning strip and for a while they even had a pork skirt which was deadly I've caught my pb largemouth 22" on this lure. It works everywhere but never caught a smallie on it. Just largemouth and pike.

8/29/21 @ 1:36 PM
jumpsteady
jumpsteady
PRO MEMBER User since 12/25/01

Spinnerbaits 

Plastics. Either Texas,Carolina or Wacky.

Crankbaits. I like a lipless(rattlin' rap,rattletrap). Good search lure.

When the water gets cooler,then jig n pig.

8/29/21 @ 11:45 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

I've caught tons of bass on a black Johnson silver minnow with an Uncle Josh (real) pork frog, with about half the meat trimmed of for more action... as a kid, I remember one of my proudest moments was when I could successfully remove that pork from from the Johnson and put it back in the bottle with it's brine... and not having to ask Dad to do it...

2nd most came on rubber worms, rigged with a weedless hook or jig.. and lately rigged wacky...

3rd is crankbaits, my favorite being a Rebel WEE R in crawfish

4th, the classic floating rapala, especially effective on windy days

...all for all seasons

8/29/21 @ 9:09 AM
Bodhi77
Bodhi77
User since 1/9/21

Things are always dependent on the lake your fishing and how deep into fall your talking. But for me I generally have the following tied on quite often: crankbait, suspending jerkbait, fluke, swimjig. 

8/29/21 @ 2:58 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

1/4 or 3/8 oz jig with a craw trailer or a crankbait. Both give you the versatility to fish a wide range of depths and speeds based on water temp and weather conditions. Spinnerbaits and swimbaits can also be good producers if you have lakes with a good baitfish populations. I also throw a tube a LOT, but not just in the fall. Again, it is a versatile bait that can be fished just about anywhere and you can use a 2.5" finesse tube up to a 4.5" or 5" flipping tube depending on the situation and structure.

8/28/21 @ 7:20 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

Spinnerbait

swimjig

crankbait

jig n craw or just craw rigged weedless 4\0 hook.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE