MORE
Bass Fishing

Small River Smallmouth

8/12/20 @ 1:18 PM
INITIAL POST
Elliott Jacobson
Elliott Jacobson
User since 1/25/17

Favorite smallmouth baits for river scenarios? 

My personal favorites are jerk baits, whopper ploppers, and weedless tubes. 

Here’s a video of some whopper plopper action from last week up in northern Wisconsin. 
https://youtu.be/xNmxVqgT9ws 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
8/8/21 @ 2:29 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Panther Martin (or any inline spinner) all the way.  I have to find a place where I can walk on the side of the river and cast downstream, but that's my favorite way to go.

12/30/20 @ 9:33 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool
PRO MEMBER User since 4/5/08

jaybeeturtle, Awww come on, man. I was just tryin' to have a little fun with the guy...  

12/29/20 @ 6:51 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

C'mon phishinphool, that's the way all the Pros hold em for pictures, why not us amateurs too? Beautiful fish, Elliot

12/25/20 @ 9:20 AM
phishin phool
phishin phool
PRO MEMBER User since 4/5/08

Elliot, Your fish would look bigger, if your arms were longer...

12/24/20 @ 4:08 PM
Tiefsa
Tiefsa
User since 10/25/16

Panther Martin all day!  That's what seems to work in the really tiny creeks and sometimes some smallies can surprise you with how big they get in little creeks.

8/13/20 @ 12:04 PM
Crappie__Slayer
User since 1/15/16

Poppers seem to work incredibly well if the fish are lightly pressured and the river isn't too deep or weed choked!

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE