LOGIN
Lake-Link

how big???

5/7/14 @ 6:55 PM
ORIGNAL POST
stame
stame
User since 3/17/12
How big would a largemouth or small mouth have to be to have you have it mounted?

Personally only got one on wall but next to beat it would go on so 24+ would do it no small mouth on wall

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/22/14 @ 7:51 AM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
24 inches. i have 3 23 inchers i caught and not one of them on the wall. the impressive part is i caught all those bass in the wausau area. i would get a replica before a skin mount but that is just me.

5/16/14 @ 11:16 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08
I have caught sm over 23in and 6Lb all during the catch and release season.Fishing Greenbay it would have to be 7Lb have caught them there over 6 .I do have nice pictures of most of the larger ones but even that keeps the fish out of the water to long.So to answer on inland water 6.5 for sm.It will be a skin mount I have yet to se a repo that looked right.

5/16/14 @ 10:29 AM
renegade8379
User since 12/21/03
Many years ago I had 20 inches as the mark to get one mounted. I fished for years to finally get one that big and couldn't bring myself to mount that one...I raised the bar to 21. It took a couple years until I finally mounted a 21 1/2 inch smallie. I've caught two bigger than that and the memories of the first 20 inch and the current leader 22 inches, are the ones I remember best...no mounts, no pictures needed. There was an 8+ lb. largie that I had on twice one year that would haunt me if I hadn't learned that you fish for memories....not mounts.

5/14/14 @ 9:03 PM
dbuchmann
dbuchmann
User since 2/17/05
Smallmouth has to be 23" for me, got a 22 1/2" last year, hoping it happens this year.

Largemouth has to be 24", unless I get one that is over 7lbs that is shorter.

5/13/14 @ 6:46 PM
ditto
User since 12/6/10
For a smallmouth I set my limit at 22", never caught on but I have probably a dozen over 21". Regardless of what people say I find the replicas to look fake, I've never seen a replica that looks as good as a quality skin mount.

5/12/14 @ 11:37 AM
Billy
User since 6/15/01
Pictures and a measurement get a replica, you can insure a replica can't the real thing. I do have one on the wall that weighed just over 6. Choked on a crankbait and went belly up shortly after I landed her. Tried to release her but it just didn't work out she's been on my wall for 15yrs.

5/7/14 @ 9:06 PM
Fish Sandwich
User since 8/30/10
Inches do not matter when it comes to large bass. It's all about the weight. How heavy of a bass I would mount would depend on the location it was caught and the story behind it. I would probably have an 8lber from wisconsin stuffed but not one from Florida. And if I hired a guide and caught it on a live shiner under a bobber it wouldn't matter how big it was. That just isn't much of a feat or story for me. All of this is just my opinion but you asked.

5/7/14 @ 8:34 PM
Torrent1
User since 4/25/14
I agree. Ive never kept a monster. I will take a few for the pan but always under 16". I'm not saying everyone had to do what I do but that's how I am. I have repo of a 6lb 14oz smallie and almost 8 lb lm.

On a side note I let my 4yo soon keep a 20" 5 lb smallie he caught all on his own. When I talked of throwing it back I couldn't handle the look on his face!

5/7/14 @ 8:16 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
It would need to break a state record. No real reason I can think of to kill one if a repo lasts longer and, nowadays, looks as good or better IMO. Measurements and good pics are all you need. Got one a bit over 8 a few years ago, released immediately.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 10 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.