LOGIN
Lake-Link

Best fall Bass baits

9/7/14 @ 9:51 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Point Muskie Hunter
Point Muskie Hunter
User since 1/28/13
I don't know much about bass fishing except I would like to learn some this fall can anybody tell me where I can look and what do you use in the fall for rigs? Any help will be appreaciated.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/10/14 @ 8:30 PM
marbleeyz
marbleeyz
User since 7/24/09
Alright then in cooler water late fall swimbait shad color 3-4 in or a jerkbait slow twitch method.Early Fall football head bass jig craw trailer slow retrieve or a yamamoto senko slow presentation at night topwater for sure a popper 4-5 inch. Smile

10/31/14 @ 9:10 PM
bassaddic
bassaddic
User since 8/20/07
I like a square bill crank bait and a swim jig with a twin tail trailer. I fish fast and try to get the aggressive fish. For fun I will throw a hollow belly frog in the dead floating weeds if there are any. I caught 1 and missed a few other the other day when I was out. Water was 50 degrees.

10/30/14 @ 11:24 AM
Tommy Howell
User since 7/11/11
Like I said in another post on the Bass Forum, it's very hard to beat a Gopher Tackle Mushroom head jig and a 4" Producto worm in black for an outright action bite. I especially like throwing the 3/16 jig head.

Tommy's Guide Service
(218) 403-1075
9/27/14 @ 7:59 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08
Crank and spinner baits with colorado or indiana blades.Late in fall suspending cranks.

9/27/14 @ 12:02 AM
ultramicro
User since 6/17/11
Point Muskie Hunter: "don't know much about bass fishing except I would like to learn some this fall can anybody tell me where I can look and what do you use in the fall for rigs? Any help will be appreaciated."

When I lived in NorCal and fished Clear Lake extensively, I caught a lot of big LMB in the Fall by fishing rock-strewn dropoffs outside of shallow rock/gravel flats. What was happening was that the crayfish were migrating from their shallow water summer homes to their deep water winter dwellings! The bass would usually hold off from agressively feeding until sunset, but then they would hit on almost every cast! My best lure was a watermelon/red flake Baby Brush Hog on a 1/8 or 1/16 oz. Slider jig head (although I think the weight mattered a lot more than the jig head style).

The important points: the jig and plastic imitated the size, speed, depth, profile and shading (*grayscale) of the food the bass were looking for, and it was fished where the bass were expecting food, when the bass were expecting food. The watermelon/red color worked well in the clear-yet-algae-tinted water of the South end of Clear Lake, but I would expect pumpkin tones to work better here in the tannin-stained lakes up North, and also green pumpkin variations in the hyper-eutrophic lakes in the Southern part of Wisconsin, like my home lake in Madison, Lake Monona. In the Northern end of Clear Lake, green pumpkin colored plastics caught much better than any watermelon hues in that very dark, murky, greenish-gray water...

From my experiences in fishing the waters from Stevens Point to Tomahawk, I would expect that pumpkin/green flake and pumpkin/black flake, motor oil, green pumpkin/red flake and PB&J might all be effective colors...

Up here in WI, crayfish often summer in weedy flats and endure the winter by burrowing into deep mud/clay/marl banks and flats. I'm certain seasonal crayfish migration routes, similar to those I found in Clear Lake, CA could be found, by you, this Fall, in your favorite Wisconsin bass lakes as well! Smile

9/9/14 @ 1:34 PM
Fish4Musky
Fish4Musky
User since 6/18/13
I have had great success throwing jigs&plastics at this time of year. Isolated weed clumps that are still green/gravel points/deeper weed lines. Deep cranks and lipless cranks work well also.

9/8/14 @ 4:14 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06
For me fall is all about the crankbaits...deep and medium runners excel. Lipless cranks take fish by the thousands in fall until water temps get to about 42.

Jigs are also great in the fall, football jigs, flippin jigs and finesse all have their place.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.