MORE
Bass Fishing

bass spinning reel for up to 150 dollars

7/15/19 @ 3:48 AM
INITIAL POST
Dolores1012
Dolores1012
User since 1/6/18

I am just asking for some input.I have a st Croix premier spinning rod 6ft 2 pieces medium action. I am looking for a new reel this season,willing to spend up to 150 dollars. I am looking for a reel with proper care and maintenance that will last a few years .

any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Reference: Fisherreel. 

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
12/31/19 @ 11:02 PM
mcsb
mcsb
User since 6/6/10

if youre still looking to spend yet and haven't bought a reel, I bought a couple diawa fuego 2500s and love'em, sweet sweet drag system... played with enough 4-5 lb bass last year to know it.. 99$  I also have them paired up on st Croixs... 1 pc rods....  

11/16/19 @ 8:10 PM
Fish4Musky
Fish4Musky
User since 6/18/13

Pflueger makes some good reels for under 100$. I’ve got a couple that are 10+ years old without ever failing. 

10/24/19 @ 4:02 PM
BassWhacker
BassWhacker
User since 9/4/17

Definitely need a reel larger than 1000 size. Look at 2500-3000 size.  Big spool= long casts, smoother drag, and better line management. I couldn't imagine hooking a five on a 1000 size.

10/11/19 @ 9:43 AM
Ed Franko
User since 5/6/15

Make sure to take a look at LEW's Great stuff for sure.   I would give up the spinning rod and got to a baitcaster anyway. Lews have some great combos or you can mix and max. Call Sportsman Warehouse in Springfield Mo they can hook you up.  Good stuff at great prices.  Once you have tried the rest try the best.

10/5/19 @ 6:24 PM
Fishlaw007
User since 12/30/14

The best spinning reel made is the Daiwa Whisker SS series.  I have some that are going on 30 years old and still work fine. They have by far the best drag of any spinning reel.  Normally cost about $110.

10/5/19 @ 5:31 PM
denesox
denesox
User since 2/1/06

Pflueger supreme...light, fast (6.2:1) and reliable.

7/18/19 @ 8:21 PM
BassWhacker
BassWhacker
User since 9/4/17

Buy a daiwa tatula 2500lt off of eBay. Weight savings alone is definitely worth the price. An ultegra is around two ounces heavier and is definitely noticeable. A very nice reel. All black so it goes with any rod.

7/15/19 @ 9:54 AM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

You can’t go wrong with a Shimano. Take your rod shopping with you to find a reel that balances well with it. A 2000, or possibly a 2500 series will work well for bass fishing. I have the 2000 series and am very happy with them. While your at it, have them fill it with 10# braided line and then use a 8# fluorocarbon leader.

Good luck!

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE