SEARCH
MORE
ATVs

Young kids riding in UTV

5/1/23 @ 1:02 PM
INITIAL POST
Cambridge
User since 3/21/14

I know a call to the warden would be best but wondering if any of you had a quick answer to the ability of kids to ride along in a UTV.

I have a 3.5 year old grandson that would love to ride along in our UTV.  This would be for short rides, probably not more than a couple miles/half hour or so. I assume at the least he needs a helmet, but are car seats required? I know there is a min. to operate but Is there a minimum age to ride along?

This would be in Wisconsin. Polaris Ranger 4 passenger crew UTV
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
6/9/23 @ 2:26 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
If you have a helmet and seat belt you will be fine.  I would just recommend a booster seat as well, same reason as was stated.  We had booster seats for our kids and would go trail riding with them.
6/1/23 @ 8:09 AM
bs4u00
User since 6/8/05
I've never seen a law on anything other than a helmet and seatbelt are required for kids.  We took our kids on our utv all over when they were that age and also used a booster seat, so the seatbelt was more at chest level instead of neck level.  It also allows them to see out better as well.  But speaking with a warden would still be best if you want to know 100%.
5/8/23 @ 9:18 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03
My 7 yr old rides with me all the time.. he wears a helmet and seat belt and I've never had a problem but idk exactly how the laws are
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE