Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Spare Tire for UTV

8/29/20 @ 6:54 AM
ORIGINAL POST
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Taking my UTV West this fall and want to bring a spare due to the very rough country. Like most UTV's, the front tires are narrower than the rear. Assuming it is best to get the narrower tire for a spare as i wouldn't anticipate running it on the rear short term in an emergency as problematic.  A wider tire used as a spare on the front would seem to have potential for steering/handling issues. Am I looking at this properly? Anyone with experience?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/8/20 @ 10:07 AM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04

As mentioned, a plug kit for punctures and slime/12V compressor for small rim leaks is what we take out west. Surprisingly we have never had any tire issues (knock on wood) but good to be prepared. Best thing you can do is make sure your tires are in good shape beforehand with no slow leaks or cracks.

8/31/20 @ 10:09 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Thanks for the feedback!

8/31/20 @ 9:42 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I was told for ours that the spare should be the size of the front tire.  The wider back tire won't fit on the front, however the front would fit on the back in a pinch.

I also had a plug kit w/rubber cement and a combo green slime/12 volt compressor kit.  Ours had underhood storage so I threw it all in there.  Also had a socket wrench and bottle jack too if I had to actually change the tire.

8/31/20 @ 7:20 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Do those products work on both tubed and tubeless tires?

8/30/20 @ 7:25 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Pack a few cans of fix a flat  . Or slime and a tiny 12  volt compressor  .

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.