SEARCH
MORE
ATVs

New Wi ATV Law

12/20/20 @ 2:51 PM
INITIAL POST
crappiesnatcher
User since 2/13/14

What are folks doing to get your family out on the ice since you cannot ride double on ATV’s anymore?  Can you have passengers in a sled or trailer?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 55 posts
6/26/22 @ 12:08 PM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

B.B

Let's hope it never does!

Well at least if they are not being reckless idiots !!

6/26/22 @ 12:21 AM
Bemidji-Bergquist
Bemidji-Bergquist
User since 3/23/20

This past ice season nobody followed this law and probably never will there where 3 guys on one atv I saw just don't see it being enforced to make any difference.

6/12/22 @ 10:11 PM
Buckman
Buckman
PRO MEMBER User since 6/17/01

In response to original post. I rode two up on my 4 wheeler all winter ice fishing only. I did get checked on Lake Geneva in February but while in the shack, not riding. I asked about the law and he said no I could not ride with a passenger. You can however pull someone behind in a sled, on a trailer, on the shack etc. I asked if you had to have a solid tow bar or could use a rope, and he said there was no restriction on that.

4/22/22 @ 10:33 AM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

14k yes

5k no

hopefully this law gets a redo!!

12/22/21 @ 9:25 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Sorry, just saw this. I went to the Fleet Farm in Plymouth, WI. Can't imagine any other one wouldn't do it.

12/17/21 @ 6:40 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

I do believe Walmart Tire Centers will also mount ATV tires for like $5-10 each. I would not recommend trying to mount them without a machine...it will take forever and your chances of tearing a bead are a lot higher. Not saying it can't be done manually, but it falls into the category of 'My time is worth something to me..."

12/16/21 @ 12:49 PM
Igor
User since 6/20/01

Fish Hound: Which Fleet Farm did you go to?  Need front tires on my Son's ATV and was going to order through Amazon but didn't think places like F-F would do that without you buying them there.

12/16/21 @ 2:35 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

Three weeks ago I ordered a set of 4 new tires for my 2001 Honda Rancher off Amazon. They are Wanda A/T Master P341's. They replaced the stock Carlisle AT489's that had dry rotted and cracked. I finally got tired of putting air in my tires every time I wanted to use my ATV. The price was $292 plus tax shipped to my door (I think the total after tax was like $308). A buddy of mine owns a small engine shop and mounted them for me. They are 6 ply-rated tires similar to Kenda Bearclaw K299'S, but for a lot less money! I'm happy with them. The 800+ reviews on Amazon were nearly all 5 stars. The tires shipped from Mississippi and I had them here in WI in 2 days, with free shipping. Crazy. They look great and I'm sure will work fine for hauling deer and ice fishing!

New Wi ATV Law photo by Master_Piker
New Wi ATV Law photo by Master_Piker
12/15/21 @ 12:41 PM
huntfish
User since 6/16/03

Nice tires for the price! If through Amazon I would give it a shot.  Man for the price of one UTV, I would rather have 4 used ATV'S. If your the driver fine, but everyone I know wants to be the driver!  

12/15/21 @ 10:33 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I ordered my last set through Amazon and took them to Fleet Farm to have them mounted. I think they charged $5.00 per tire to mount and $2.00 each for new stems.

12/15/21 @ 6:33 AM
uplander
uplander
User since 10/6/09

well change your name to twicebittin.

12/15/21 @ 6:21 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11

I bought mine through Amazon. No problems! Might want to forward some delivery directions like put on back steps or out of street view!

12/15/21 @ 1:17 AM
oncebitten
oncebitten
User since 12/7/17

EDITED.  I meant to put this on the ATV. Tires thread. Well it's here 

I'm looking at these tires for my Kodak 450.    

Amazon purchase

But I'm a bit leery of the on line purchase, Is this price to good to be true. I've read the reviews mostly good.

What do you LL.ers think about it.  Would you do it, or have you. I just don't want to get burned.

New Wi ATV Law photo by oncebitten
7/25/21 @ 8:10 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

I did the same thing as you Dude. Just didn’t want the hassle if wife was riding on back of ATV which had plenty of space left on seat and I put foot pegs on for her feet. This new law really tee’d me off so I ended up getting UTV. Now, what changes will they be proposing for UTV’s? Lol

7/24/21 @ 6:06 PM
Winchester30
User since 10/20/12

Manufacturers produce products to different markets: both entry level and premium. 

Your example is not planned obsolescence. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 55 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE