Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

New Wi ATV Law

12/20/20 @ 2:51 PM
ORIGINAL POST
crappiesnatcher
USER SINCE 2/13/14

What are folks doing to get your family out on the ice since you cannot ride double on ATV’s anymore?  Can you have passengers in a sled or trailer?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 21 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

4/22/21 @ 10:36 AM
44/45
MEMBER SINCE 3/9/11

I have looked at a 2 up ATV, and don’t think I would want to put a 5 year old back there. There seems to be a lack of side support unlike my aftermarket Koplin storage unit with a backrest! Anyone feel the same way?

1/4/21 @ 10:09 PM
homewrecker
USER SINCE 8/28/03

We had friends stopped and warned this summer riding in Florence. Warden said only warning for a while, but up to the riders to know the rules.

1/4/21 @ 2:48 PM
the_dude
the_dude
USER SINCE 1/10/03

I sold my quad mostly because of this rule change.  I was teetering on getting a UTV, and the law change put me over the top.  I will say this, if I still had my quad, I would absolutely still use it for ice fishing with my boy and take my chances.  I think the likely hood of getting a ticket for that is miniscule at best.  

I also have a cabin near Townsend, and there are a TON of atv trails in the area.  I saw zero change in rider behavior up there.  I never even knew 2 people on the roads were illegal because it happens ALL the time as most roads up there are ATV routes.  On the trails, I see 2 people on ATVs designed for 1 rider every time out.  

Perhaps they will crack down in the future, but I haven't seen anyone looking to enforce this law change were I ride.

12/25/20 @ 9:45 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER SINCE 8/12/02

They don't make off road vehicles with seat belts unless here is a rollbar or  cage (?)  On it . You could get trapped underneath. 

12/25/20 @ 12:40 PM
no-luck
USER SINCE 12/14/12

Gram, seatbelt has always been a requirement for UTV.  ATV seat belt not a requirement and I don't know of any equipped with a seatbelt.  Regards to three wheeler, falls under ATV and unless on privately owned land, no passengers allowed.  From what I read on this law change, I seem to remember that on private land, you must own it for a passenger to be legal.

12/24/20 @ 5:21 PM
gram
USER SINCE 11/11/14

If this a new law and you own a vintage say 3 wheeler licensed to use like antique cars in this state. No seatbelts are required. Are those in the state that desperate to force a person to be deprived of a plesant day on the ice ?   What about all the small children out for a good time on the lake or all places with a adult on it ?  To many blind spots !!

12/24/20 @ 1:09 PM
iglootipup
USER SINCE 1/8/10

Is this law only for ATV's what about UTV'S

12/24/20 @ 9:17 AM
redhook
USER SINCE 12/25/09

E-mail, write a letter and call your state representative, this is just another example of industry lobbying legislators just like the railroad did with trespassing while crossing the tracks to fish/hunt public property.

12/23/20 @ 7:13 PM
jwog666
jwog666
USER SINCE 7/30/10

We are the government, we are here to protect you against your will.

12/22/20 @ 8:39 PM
Aluma1
USER SINCE 4/12/03

I bought a two up Can Am outlander years ago because it is safer. Plus legal as every one up atv I have seen had warning stickers. That said designed For one person only. Frozen lakes are public. I checked that out to see if I needed to buy the registration sticker. You do if you operate on public lakes. So this law would apply to lakes, public roads, and trails. Rear passingers  have been hurt flying off the back of sIngle atvs with no back rests. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 21 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.