SEARCH
MORE
ATVs

Best all around ATV??

3/17/15 @ 7:29 PM
INITIAL POST
Buckuuu
User since 3/20/12
I'm gettin on the market for a used 4#4 atv. Not lookin for anything fancy. Just for some deer huntin and ice fishin. Maybe 400-650. Just lookin for any advice on wat to look for in a used one. Been lookin at Polaris Soortsman. Any thoughts? Thnx in advance
Displaying 31 to 40 of 49 posts
4/28/15 @ 2:41 AM
uplander
uplander
User since 10/6/09
who rides a 4 wheeler when its 40 below 0. who goes outside when its that cold.
4/20/15 @ 6:23 PM
Buckuuu
User since 3/20/12
Any opinions on Coleman atv. I was at cabelas today and was looking at them. For sure few bucks cheaper. Can't find any reviews on them. Anybody ever owned one?
4/19/15 @ 5:50 AM
muskrat30
muskrat30
User since 10/14/01
Honda.
4/15/15 @ 12:57 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
Reeldrag i use mine for more than trail riding and ice fishing ive put my machine through heck and it has never failed. i have driven through swamps as deep as my rack on top just to get to my deer stand ever since i got it. mine always starts in 40 below guess you got a lemon i would bet money on it your not pulling 2000 pounds of logs with your atv off the road but to each its own. the only reason i went with polaris is cause it was the only one that fit me the others were all so small
4/13/15 @ 11:33 AM
bowtech Dee
bowtech Dee
User since 10/23/12
You get what you pay for. A friend had a Polaris 700 and had nothing but problems, head gaskets blowing, electrical issues, bought a Yamaha grizzly. Yes more money but will hold together. Same thing as a Honda, tough as nails.
4/13/15 @ 10:00 AM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
My machines were put thru the toughest tests ever, that's probably why. Just trail riding and driving around ice fishing doesn't test them to their limits. I'm sure the average person would be fine with a Polaris. I know what I have seen. Polaris just doesn't hold up under "hard use" when you are dragging out 1000 lb moose and driving thru knee deep swamp, or pulling trailers with 2000 lb of logs, or trying to get them started at 40 below you better hope you don't own a Polaris.
4/10/15 @ 7:24 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12
I just bought a new Polaris 570. My entire life Ive beena Honda guy and Ive always had good experience with Japanese cars and motorbikes. But for some reason the Polaris is $2000 less than a comparable model by any other competitor. For my intended use I had to go with the Polaris. Lots of folks swear by their Polaris, so yes it is a matter of probability regardless of manufacturer. I looked at used ATVs too and couldnt justify paying the high asking price on these machines.
4/10/15 @ 3:32 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
User since 2/15/10
reel drag thats funny you have had so much trouble with polaris I have 5000 miles on my 03 600 sportman and all i have had to do is brakes oil change and lube and tune up. i guess every company has lemons. pick the machine that best fits you.
4/9/15 @ 8:15 AM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01
Yamaha or honda. Depending on the model, look to see if they have independant rear suspension or a solid axle. Solid is better for pulling and stronger, but rougher ride. I have owned both and not an issue with either one. Running a 2004 yami 660 griz - only thing I have replaced is light bulbs and battery.
4/8/15 @ 12:00 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
User since 12/20/12
Over my yrs in Alaska we have run every type. Yamaha was my pick then Honda. the only issue with the Hondas we have had was they all had a solid rear axel. Made for a ruff ride and did get stuck more but alway started and never saw a mechanic. We have had nothing and I mean nothing but issues with Polaris. You name it bet we had problems with it. There is still a sportsmen 500 ho sitting out in the tundra if you want it. Also had fair share of issues with our Polaris snowmobiles as well. I will never ever ever own a Polaris anything again. Susuki king quads are goods as well. But over all the yamahas had a great ride, very dependable. My wife had a 400 grizzly with mudd Sharks on it and that thing could go anywhere any sane person would dare go.
Displaying 31 to 40 of 49 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE