SEARCH
MORE
ATVs

Battery

1/20/22 @ 6:31 PM
INITIAL POST
Edge
User since 2/28/07

What battery would you recommend for a 500 EFI Honda? It has no pull start which sucks

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
2/19/22 @ 9:13 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Good to know regarding battery returns at FF.

Good string of luck for me batteries from FF. Knock on wood.

JDeere battery 2017 and quad 2015. Both still going strong. Tractor battery napping in basement over winters and quad used several times weekly year round. 

2/19/22 @ 8:27 PM
buckhound
buckhound
User since 4/18/06

F Y I.... I bought a battery for my lawn tractor a while ago. It wouldn't hold a charge so I brought it back. The first thing asked is did you try charging it?  I said I did try, then he points to a sign that said they don't honor battery warranties if they were on a charger. Beware of FLEET FARM 

1/24/22 @ 7:48 PM
lakkats
User since 9/23/09

I carry a battery jump starter pack with me for a back up .

1/24/22 @ 7:31 PM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

Have you looked up what the factory recommended? 

1/24/22 @ 7:04 PM
79FXS
User since 1/11/16

I have a 93 Honda Fourtrax. Replaced the original battery in 2005. Rebuilt the starter in 2011. Replaced another battery in 2021. All the batteries are from a Honda dealer. They are Yuasa brand batteries. I also only use OEM (Yuasa) batteries in my old Shovelhead Harley from the H-D dealer. The ones in the bike don't last as long, but the vibration they encounter is very intense. My advice , buy a good battery from a dealer, the price is the same as Dennis Kirk and dispose of the old battery properly. 

1/21/22 @ 11:44 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

I keep a trickle charger on my Honda.  Starts real easy.

1/21/22 @ 9:39 PM
Polski
Polski
PRO MEMBER User since 5/11/03

I may have just gotten a bad one but in August I bought a new battery from Menards, it was their FVP brand. I returned it today because it will no longer hold a charge, dies in a day or two. I just exchanged it for a new one of the same type because it was easy, hopefully it last a little longer.

1/20/22 @ 10:02 PM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Thanks gentlemen, I had heard a gel coat battery could handle vibration. I definitely will look into a AGM. CCA seems very important especially with no pull start.

1/20/22 @ 9:54 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

I have a 2004 Bombardier Outlander 400. In 2018 the original AGM battery was getting weak. I removed it and got a replacement from Fleet Farm. From memory the brand was Yuasa. It was the same size and CCA as the factory original. Only been a little over three years of use and have had no issues with it and it cranks over without hesitation. The ATV does have a pull start but the 400 cc engine is high compression and takes all I can muster to pull it over to start it. That was many years ago just to see if I could start it manually. Now I’m 64 and have had a shoulder replacement surgery, don’t know if I could pull it over. 

1/20/22 @ 9:45 PM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

I do not have a specific battery, but getting the most cold cranking amps is important, but not the only thing to look at. Reserve is how long it will crank the engine. High CCAs and low reserve is not good in cold temperatures, like we have now. 

1/20/22 @ 9:07 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Google search turned up this. 

Battery photo by eyesman
Battery photo by eyesman
Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE