SEARCH
MORE
ATVs

Batteries

11/18/18 @ 11:55 AM
INITIAL POST
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

2015 570 Sportsman  tour needs a new battery. Heard mixed reviews on Polaris batteries. What should I be looking at? Thanks. Mrt

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts
8/20/19 @ 2:23 PM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

Thanx Roofer , I'll check the lights for a start .

8/19/19 @ 7:11 AM
roofer
User since 6/6/04

I had the same issue on 2001 rancher es. Turned out to be the stator.  If the head lights flicker when running, the stator is starting to fail. Mine was over charging the battery and frying the battery.

8/15/19 @ 8:45 AM
7thson
User since 6/4/06

Looking for some help with my 2015 Honda foreman . Had it since 2017 and changed out the battery in 2018 . Now having battery issues with the battery I installed last year . Do these things have to be on a trickle charger all the time ? I use mine almost every day ! My 2002 Foreman had the same battery for 12 years ! What do I need to do ?

12/18/18 @ 10:11 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

I bolted a 2x6 to the plastic trunk in front. Then you can add some forks to hold the auger on the front of the machine. Mrt.

12/11/18 @ 9:08 PM
walleyejak3
walleyejak3
User since 12/3/18

I've got a 2016 570 and have been thinking about WHEN is the battery going to die or where is the most important. I'm on Bago and the Bay. I picked it up Halloween 2016 NO issue with battery yet. Last year on Bago I did have a starting issue with a fuse I think I would need to double check this. Called my dealer and they knew of this issue and changed them out for free! I've always from day one had the trickle charger connected!!!! The spot they have battery seems a little better with mine although I wouldn't want to jump or replace it .My ? and I've looked on YouTube is how to carry and what to use for a Jiffy 10" propane auger? Also any ideas on moving battery? Thanks all!

Stay on top! Wj

11/20/18 @ 3:25 PM
Topwater Twich
User since 10/6/08

Motocross brand made by Yuasa...best around... hands down!!

11/20/18 @ 12:01 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

Stopped by the dealer. They are going to drop a battery in for me. I am going to bring it back after the gun season and get the rest of the annual oil change /check up done. When I told the counter guy that the battery is in a ridiculous spot he didn't necessarily agree with me. When the mechanic helped me unload the dead ATV he brought it up and said that the engineer that did this should be shot. I am going to have some leads put in so I can jump it without having to lay in a foot of slush, on the ice. Mrt.

11/19/18 @ 1:19 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

I have the same issue with my Bombardier Outlander 400. Battery is mounted under the rear cargo shelf. Took two of us to remove it and again to install the new one. I went with an AGM again because of it’s durability and no need for service. The design location of the battery leaves a lot to be desired. 

11/19/18 @ 12:59 PM
Jared
Jared
User since 7/22/01

CF, 

Have you ever met an engineer? 

Reminds me of my cousin, he used to work at an independent auto shop.

They had a Toyota van come in for an oil change.

They had to pull motor mounts and lift the engine TO CHANGE THE OIL!

Also, g/f has a Fusion. You have to remove the wheel wells to change the headlights. 

Are you kidding me?

11/19/18 @ 12:38 PM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

I CANNOT believe that ANY engineer would put a battery in such a hard to reach spot. The battery in my Polaris 570 is almost unreachable! They put it in the frame way low behind an overflow tank. What is almost laughable is that the machine came with a standard battery that needs to be topped off. Who in hell could maintain a battery when you can't even see the terminals much less the caps on the cells? I am going to bite the bullet and take it in and have it replaced with an AGM, at the dealer. I know that I am going to get raped because I need to buy the battery there at the dealer. Not happy with this but I need the machine for the woods this week. GRRR. Mrt.

11/18/18 @ 7:31 PM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
User since 1/22/15

Have a 2016 can am defender. It was in my garage for 3 days before I pulled the OEM battery out and made a slightly bigger odyssey battery fit in it. Reliable cold starting and helps support assecories. 

11/18/18 @ 1:06 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
I have a 2004 Bombadier Outlander 400. This past summer it began to turn over slow. Still had the original AGM battery in it. Took out the battery and had it tested, time to replace it according to the test. Went with an AGM again from Fleet Farm 310 CCA’s. If I can get another 14 years the machine will be 28 years old. A bit pricy at $106.00 but worth it in the long run versus a wet cell lead acid battery. 
11/18/18 @ 1:05 PM
phishin phool
phishin phool
PRO MEMBER User since 4/5/08

Cold Front, I have a 2012 500 Sportsman. I bought my "replacement" battery from Wally World. A heck of lot cheaper then the local Polaris dealer. That place is great customer service but, their parts department...all those parts must be made of some percentage of GOLD! 

Added, today (19 Nov). I put a trickle charger on it starting after first hard freeze.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE