LOGIN
Lake-Link

ATV Trade Value

8/28/14 @ 9:04 PM
ORIGNAL POST
lawdog616
lawdog616
User since 1/20/04
Have a 2013 Polaris Sportsman 500HO has about 80 hours on it and I was offered 3200 for it with winch and plow....paid over 7000 for it about a year and a half ago. Now, was trying to trade it for a 2014 Polaris Ranger 800 UTV and found out the model they tried to sell me had 200 miles on it and they were selling it as new....sounds like a crock of bull to me.....told salesman that he should be selling his unit as used and he laughed.......won't tell you what dealership it was, yet....initials are HPS....in northern Wisconsin.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/2/14 @ 11:49 AM
Fisher Doon
Fisher Doon
User since 1/19/09
Fillet Show hit the nail on the head. Dealerships need to turn a profit and have to buy/trade lower than NADA or KBB. It's smart business for them, and they have overhead to deal with. I went through this same scenario this spring.

Sell it outright. It's more of a hassle but better in the long run.

Good luck

FD

11/28/14 @ 3:23 PM
Fillet Show
User since 7/14/08
I have seen older 500's with more miles/hours on them selling for 5k with a winch and plow. I would try Craigslist or eBay and do some similar searches, and see. I bought a 700 with winch and plow, a 2up, that was 5 years old with 700 miles for 6k a few yrs ago. Thought it was reasonable.

Don't settle or trade. My opinion.

FS

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.