Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

ATV switch to an UTV?

8/7/17 @ 5:07 AM
ORIGNAL POST
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

I've been thinking about switching from my 2-up ATV, to a UTV (side-by-side) machine. 

Anyone do the switch lately & any regrets?  If so, what are they?

Thanks,

Big Mac 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 17 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/15/19 @ 4:37 AM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10

I have both as well. I mostly just use the atv for yard work. My honda pioneer is awesome and I use it for everything. The pioneer is mainly up north for 8 months and used everytime I'm there. It's used as a workhorse when it gets home too. It depends on your wants and needs I guess. I call them tools and not toys.

4/14/19 @ 8:18 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

I have both.  They each have their place, but I find that I drive my Ranger more than my 4 wheeler.  I did put tracks and a cab and heat in the Ranger works great on the ice.

10/15/18 @ 7:52 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I'd love to...but that costs money.  you can buy a nice Yammy Viking for 11,999 in port washington.  you'll pay 9500 for a big ATV.  If I was in the market for a machine,  it would be a UTV.

Your only regret would be that you didn't do it sooner,  I'd imagine anyway.

10/13/18 @ 11:44 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

Howdy SwampHog 

It's Big Mac.

Good to see your still riding  

Big Mac 

10/12/18 @ 6:16 AM
SwampHog
User since 6/15/01

switch last year from my kaw to a CF Moto, got rid of the CF Moto and went to a Ranger 570, feels better for my hips but at times do miss my Kaw, in the long run the UTV  is better for me as we take camping trips with the machines

if you like running off the path mudding , fast running stay with the ATV , but if plan on trips with the machines the utv is best buy as it has more storage area. Both have advantages and disadvantages , it be up to you what you like and want to do.

10/5/18 @ 9:42 AM
DandE
User since 2/9/10

This looks better than the Shredder to me because I'm older... https://youtu.be/EaDE0RiEgdc

Called a Snowdog

9/24/18 @ 8:50 AM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

I bought one 14 years ago when low on funds . 2 wheel drive , underpowered and the company went out of business  . Still use it for chores , and my daughter likes to drive it , and I'm happy it does have seat belts for her . 

9/22/18 @ 8:36 PM
LyleP
User since 6/27/09

Switched from two up to utv last year over pleased but can't take some places I hunt just too big.

9/22/18 @ 2:45 PM
Bowbuckman2
User since 9/22/18

No regrets what so ever. Have a 570. Love it. Plow with it. Picked up a General Love it! Do yard work with it and hunt and ice fish with it. Trail ride with it. It's a beast! Love it!!!

8/29/18 @ 5:52 AM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Just looked at the Shredder  . Looks like it could cripple you real easy . Might be fun on a open , level surface  .

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 17 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.