SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Who's hunting next weekend?

9/12/21 @ 3:59 PM
INITIAL POST
JACKWAGON 999
User since 8/12/20

I'll hunt mornings, fish in the evening.

Displaying 16 to 22 of 22 posts
9/13/21 @ 7:25 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I was planning to hunt opening morning but looking at the temperatures I probably won't be going. I will probably go fishing instead. I have had two deer in the past spoil on me due to warm temps and it is a horrible feeling.

Hopefully it cools down soon. In the past I typically tried to shoot one or two deer a year for meat. The last few years I have been getting much better at processing my deer and with meat care and the venison has been going fast! Going forward my goal is to fill all of my tags. This year between bow and gun I will have 7 tags. 

9/13/21 @ 1:36 AM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

I've never been a fan of early season bowhunting for two main reasons: BUGS and TEMPERATURE!

I hate sweating walking to my stand and sitting and swatting mosquitoes and flies that buzz your face and head constantly. Also, in the event you shoot something, you have to IMMEDIATELY skin it, butcher it and get it cooled down. I usually don't hunt until the 3rd week in October unless there is a major cold front that comes through before that with a hard frost. I hunt a small parcel of land 30 minutes from my house that is about 25 acres and if I don't burn my stands out before deer movement starts picking up leading into the rut, I have found I see more and larger bucks the last week of October and first week of November than I did back when I used to hunt every day off I had from the opener on. To each their own...for all you early season warriors, good luck! Shoot straight, hunt safe and wear a harness if you are in a tree!

9/12/21 @ 5:40 PM
JACKWAGON 999
User since 8/12/20

60 degrees Saturday morning! I'll Be on stand.

9/12/21 @ 5:31 PM
LotusNMo
User since 9/21/08

Ill go out and sock a doe. Will be nice being out in the woods.

9/12/21 @ 5:07 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

90 degrees and skeeters, I'm waiting till october

9/12/21 @ 4:06 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

I will be. 

How long will be a game day decision based on skeeters. They are super bad in the coulee region backwaters.  Not much change in deer movements from what I've seen . 

Displaying 16 to 22 of 22 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE