SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Who's hunting next weekend?

9/12/21 @ 3:59 PM
INITIAL POST
JACKWAGON 999
User since 8/12/20

I'll hunt mornings, fish in the evening.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 22 posts
9/17/21 @ 2:39 PM
IceFishBaby
User since 11/26/01

Saturday am, pm, Sunday am.  Weather looks good.  Would like a good frost soon for mosquito but enjoy anytime in a tree.

9/17/21 @ 10:26 AM
splitG2
splitG2
User since 10/12/07

Yup, I'll be going in the mornings. Will be cool with ESE winds. Perfect for a couple of good stands that are not hunted that often because of wind direction.

9/17/21 @ 9:10 AM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I already said I'm going, but 42 degrees Saturday morning is sounding really good and getting me excited.

9/16/21 @ 11:01 PM
mcsb
mcsb
User since 6/6/10

This guy sat am only then work calls. Next week looks good too. I'll be out then aswell mostly being adventurous and checking new places granted winds good for entry/being on stand/ and exit...

9/16/21 @ 7:06 PM
badgerstatehunter
User since 2/6/06

agreed Fowler.  Saturday morning looks great.  Fishing rest of weekend.  

9/16/21 @ 6:30 PM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

Looking like a very cool overnight  Friday. Saturday morning hunt lookn very good.

Downhill from there though. Very warm temperatures the rest of weekend.

9/15/21 @ 11:55 AM
Musky Ben
User since 3/13/02

I'll be fishing if possible...  pullled my cam cards this past weekend on my way home from the sweatsoaked Badger game on Sunday.  62* in the woods and wished I'd had my headnet!!!

As much as I'd like to hunt, the bucks are going to have to wait...

Musky Ben

9/14/21 @ 8:00 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

I wont be hunting. I will be fishing in Upper Michigan. I dont see much on opening weekend down here . I will however, hunt some of my easy spots on the public land down here in SE Wis. during the week if it is cool out . Im not burning my favorite spots in Spetember.

9/14/21 @ 7:32 PM
tailsneyes
User since 11/29/19

I will be buddy's son wants to duck hunt he doesn't. Taking the youngster out sit on decoys for awhile then a little jump shooting before it gets to hot and time to take the dog home. Good luck to anybody taking a youngster out this weekend.

9/14/21 @ 7:21 PM
Quester
User since 1/28/07

No way!   Mosquitoes are horrendous!

9/14/21 @ 2:02 PM
jlkohl
User since 6/9/02

Nice weather today, not so much over the weekend...a couple afternoon only sits, over water. ThermaCell if I have to, but hope not.

9/14/21 @ 1:44 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I'll be going Sat morning and evening and Sunday morning, and I'm taking my girlfriend's son with me.  He's 10 and has no real experience hunting or shooting, but loves watching hunting vids with me and said he wants to learn how to hunt.  I'll try to show him the ropes and hopefully I'll be able to at least connect on a doe while we're out there.  The temps don't bother me at all, but the bugs do.  Hopefully the bugs aren't that bad or I'll be loaded up with bug spray.  We have a bumper year on our property for big bucks on cam, so I'll be in the woods as much as possible this year.  I don't have the option to be out there every weekend, so I have to take every opportunity I get.

9/13/21 @ 10:17 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

lakeshiner,

That is exactly what I was talking about in my post...and I hunt private, so my stand and ladder sticks are already in the tree! I may go check my stands and hang a couple cameras this weekend, but with the weather being so nice, I think I will take the boat out a couple more times and make sure I have some walleyes in the freezer just in case the deer hunting thing doesn't pan out...

9/13/21 @ 5:34 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Doesnt look good temperature wise.  Will probably fish instead.

9/13/21 @ 9:44 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I'll be going to some of my public spots that are good early season.  Later in the year they will be boogered by others, so I go now or I don't go there at all.  The heat keeps people at home.  Very few want to carry in their stand, bow, and a pair of waders to cross water.  Then sweat through your camo, drip sweat on the ground, and be eaten by mosquitos.  Then if you shoot a deer, you get to drag it out of there and stay up late getting it into the fridge before it spoils.  Oh, and you sweat even more dragging it out.

I'm excited now, but guarantee by the time I get to my tree I'll be swearing and asking why.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 22 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE