MORE
Archery

What wifi trail camera is best?

8/13/19 @ 10:40 AM
INITIAL POST
Duckmusky
Duckmusky
User since 12/31/11

What wifi trail cameras have you had the best luck with?

Battery life?  Pics of nothing?  Spooking deer? Thanks 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts
9/17/19 @ 3:52 PM
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

Duckmusky,

Having a cell cam set to 3 trigger burst is possibly part of the problem. The camera if I understand right will only send one of those pictures and I am not sure which one it sends, but its either the 1st one or last one. So on the SD card when you pull it you might have pictures with animals in them. 

I always set mine to 1 picture and I have EVERYTHING trimmed out in front of them to prevent blank pictures of things moving in the wind or shadows. I also dont put mine on trails. I put them in a location the deer are going to slow down or stop for a second too so I get some good clean pictures. If your going to put it on a trail make sure you have it a solid 30 feet from the trail and looking at the trail at a 45. That will help capture things in the frame. 

Your second issue is the 15 second delay. The camera cant take 3 pictures and send one within 15 seconds. Set that to 35-45 seconds and that might clear your issue up too.

9/6/19 @ 9:56 AM
Duckmusky
Duckmusky
User since 12/31/11

Haha I was able to identify a tree rat in the picture that must of been setting camera off.

9/5/19 @ 10:06 AM
browning3
browning3
User since 5/23/02

DuckMusky,  How high off the ground is your camera?

8/30/19 @ 6:41 PM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

8 minutes ago

8/30/19 @ 7:18 AM
Duckmusky
Duckmusky
User since 12/31/11

I appreciate the feedback.  The weird thing is I know I have deer moving through this spot but no pics of them always blanks.. even with set on 3 trigger shots???

8/30/19 @ 6:29 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Duck, I don't have a Spartan so am not too familiar.. what is the Spartan's claim on trigger speed? If it's not super high, it could be missing the deer like you said.. but unlikely if it keeps happening.. you could try turning the sensitivity to Medium.. I'm thinking you have a small branch either above or below the camera you didn't notice? or a faulty camera. I put mine out earlier this summer under a pine and thought i had everything cleared, kept getting blanks and then after about a week realized there was a fingerling of pine needles that were grazing the top of the camera zone... just my thoughts

8/29/19 @ 7:31 PM
Duckmusky
Duckmusky
User since 12/31/11

So I have the spartan cam. Here are my settings I keep getting pics of nothing.  Fyi low wind.  Sparatic pics during the day.  I'm not sure if it's missing the deer or what.  Anything I need to change in settings? Thanks 

8/29/19 @ 7:20 PM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

11 minutes ago 

8/29/19 @ 8:15 AM
Duckmusky
Duckmusky
User since 12/31/11

HAHA I got a Spartan!

8/14/19 @ 8:59 PM
Oneshotkleibs
User since 9/13/18

Spartan love going on second year. Batteries last about a month depending on what you set trigger for.  3 minutes the best 

8/14/19 @ 4:41 PM
Nvralone
User since 10/26/15

I recently purchased the Spartan cam. So far so good. The app is nice and the pics are great. I can see adding more. 

8/14/19 @ 12:50 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

We have been running 16 cuddy link cameras for almost a year now.  One camera did go bad and they replaced it for free.  We currently have it set to send an email once 31 pics are in q on the sending unit.  We have a battery bust on the sending unit so that lasts a couple months.  Pic quality is great, along with trigger speed.  Battery life is just ok.  Lithium’s last 1 month.  Only having 1 $30 data plan payment a month is nice.

8/13/19 @ 5:06 PM
Duckmusky
Duckmusky
User since 12/31/11

I meant cell.. thanks for catching that..

8/13/19 @ 1:56 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

No issues with the Snyper cellular camera. Has a nice app for viewing pictures and the delay is <1 minute from camera to phone. Haven't used any of the other ones but curious about the other brands. 

8/13/19 @ 12:34 PM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

the Cudde-Link cell camera has worked well for me. Although their delivery isn't ideal and there is no app which kind of stinks.. but so far it has been the most reliable. Moultrie Mobile is okay - seems to send "black" images quite often that is frustrating but seems fairly reliable. SpyPoint sucks all around - the only + is their app. Pictures transmit at what looks to be less than 2MP and 2 of 4 cameras we had were faulty out of the box. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 18 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE