LOGIN
Lake-Link

What wifi trail camera is best?

8/13/19 @ 10:40 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Duckmusky
Duckmusky
User since 12/31/11

What wifi trail cameras have you had the best luck with?

Battery life?  Pics of nothing?  Spooking deer? Thanks 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/14/19 @ 8:59 PM
Oneshotkleibs
User since 9/13/18

Spartan love going on second year. Batteries last about a month depending on what you set trigger for.  3 minutes the best 

8/14/19 @ 4:41 PM
Nvralone
User since 10/26/15

I recently purchased the Spartan cam. So far so good. The app is nice and the pics are great. I can see adding more. 

8/14/19 @ 12:50 PM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

We have been running 16 cuddy link cameras for almost a year now.  One camera did go bad and they replaced it for free.  We currently have it set to send an email once 31 pics are in q on the sending unit.  We have a battery bust on the sending unit so that lasts a couple months.  Pic quality is great, along with trigger speed.  Battery life is just ok.  Lithium’s last 1 month.  Only having 1 $30 data plan payment a month is nice.

8/13/19 @ 5:06 PM
Duckmusky
Duckmusky
User since 12/31/11

I meant cell.. thanks for catching that..

8/13/19 @ 1:56 PM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

No issues with the Snyper cellular camera. Has a nice app for viewing pictures and the delay is <1 minute from camera to phone. Haven't used any of the other ones but curious about the other brands. 

8/13/19 @ 12:34 PM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

the Cudde-Link cell camera has worked well for me. Although their delivery isn't ideal and there is no app which kind of stinks.. but so far it has been the most reliable. Moultrie Mobile is okay - seems to send "black" images quite often that is frustrating but seems fairly reliable. SpyPoint sucks all around - the only + is their app. Pictures transmit at what looks to be less than 2MP and 2 of 4 cameras we had were faulty out of the box. 

8/13/19 @ 11:03 AM
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

Do you actually mean wifi trail cameras or cellular. There are very few wifi cameras on the market and from a practical standpoint I don't really understand why someone would want one. You would have to get almost close enough to pull the card and would have to sit there and wait for the wifi to transfer the pictures. It would be faster to pull the card.

Cell cams on the other hand are great if a guy wants to put them money into them. I own 4 Spartans and would highly recommend those to anyone. There are a ton of other options on the market though. You have Covert, Moultrie, Bushnell, Synper, Spypoint, 1stcampro, barnowl and I'm sure i am missing more too. I have heard good and bad about almost all of them. I just heard less bad and liked the sent pics and features of the Spartan better and that's why i went with them. They seem to be the standard everyone else is chasing.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.