Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

2014 Rut Dates

8/24/14 @ 6:14 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05
OK - What will be the best days to take off this year for the rut?

Looking for opinions as I need to schedule my vacation soon.

- 1 week before Halloween, 1st week of Nov., or 2nd week of Nov.?

Cheers Puke

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 20 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/12/14 @ 6:11 AM
Summers Off
User since 5/9/06
Rut is fun and anything can happen. I usually start sitting the last weekend in October as to not burn out my stands with too much early season hunting. However, if you have a chance to hunt the late season over a preferred food source it can be the rut on drugs. Deer are starting to herd up and the big boys have turned on the feed bag.....easy to pattern, easy to kill.

And Mr. Spike.... Puke Puke Puke to you too....self-righteous tool!

10/11/14 @ 6:14 PM
fetch-um-up
User since 2/19/06
Great article in last issue of Deer and Deer Hunting. Many hours of research indicate second full moon after the autumnal equinox will be the chase phase. Talks about length of daylight and moonlight intensity and it's influence on does hormone levels, ect... This year that will occur November 2-9th.................Myself, I have scheduled my vacation from the 30th through the 9th, and try to always be in stand all day on Halloween.....................

10/11/14 @ 6:14 PM
fetch-um-up
User since 2/19/06
Great article in last issue of Deer and Deer Hunting. Many hours of research indicate second full moon after the autumnal equinox will be the chase phase. Talks about length of daylight and moonlight intensity and it's influence on does hormone levels, ect... This year that will occur November 2-9th.................Myself, I have scheduled my vacation from the 30th through the 9th, and try to always be in stand all day on Halloween.....................

10/9/14 @ 10:01 AM
fishfinder101
fishfinder101
User since 1/1/10
Last year on my property I had some younger buck chasing does and really showing signs of rutting starting late october. I thought it was only going to be a matter of time before the couple older bucks would be doing the same. So we hunted a few day the first and second week of november only to find the couple older bucks we've been seeing slowly feeding in the fields like every other time. They didnt even pay any attention to any does or younger bucks when near. Opening weekend of gun hunting is when we had a few mature older bucks locked on does or chasing.

10/8/14 @ 8:11 PM
Fish Sandwich
User since 8/30/10
I'll bite. Like someone said it'll be the same as every other year. The one monkey wrench will be the weather. Like Dude, I had the first week off last year and it rained and blew almost every day. I sat all day through it all. It finally calmed down on Saturday morning and I killed my buck. I have zero mature resident bucks where I hunt so I have to wait until some neighboring buck comes looking for that first lady. The 2nd through the 5th is typically when I kill one of these bucks. Or at least when I blow my chance on one. Good luck.

10/7/14 @ 7:20 AM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03
This year the 29th through the 10th with the best day being the 3rd I'll be sitting all day the 2nd and 3rd

10/7/14 @ 6:24 AM
Chokeonthis29
User since 9/30/14
The rut has always intrigued me but were usually out of the woods by then with our freezers full. Besides it gets pretty darn cold the first week of november and I dont have clothes in camo that could allow me to sit out there. I just came across some heavy camo clothes at a rummage last friday. Sure am glad the dnr started the bonus buck program. Now I will actually be able to go. I'm gonna give it a try this year. Took a week off of work in november to try to shoot a big buck. Its just going to be so hard actually letting a deer pass me without killing it. Sure hope the big ones come out first!!!!

10/6/14 @ 9:32 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10
I will be in the woods from October 31st until November 9th. I'm taking off work the whole week after Halloween. That's what seems to be the time every year.

10/6/14 @ 8:17 PM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12
Both! What's up the puky face at the end of all ur post??

10/6/14 @ 8:09 PM
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05
Should I hunt hard the week before Halloween or the week after?

Lets hear some thoughts!

Puke

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 20 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.