Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Two bucks shot

11/12/19 @ 11:01 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Western Extreme
User since 12/17/17

Anyone else see this? What happened to knowing your target and what's behind. Maybe I'm missing something in the story. Different state? 

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 57 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/13/19 @ 8:38 AM
JRJOHN
User since 5/2/06

I don't believe she should get the book thrown at her but this should not be celebrated.  Accidents happen but if this was a adult the situation would be handled in a completely different manner.  By advertising this we are just teaching kids it's okay to shoot 2 deer with one shot and I wouldn't be surprised if you hear of kids trying this thinking that they will get this kind of attention.  

I don't blame the girl, she is young and is going to like all the attention.  plus she did shoot a nice buck.  I think the DNR shouldn't have let her keep the second buck antlers and she should have been given a warning and explained what penalties she could face in the future.  

The media is the real problem here.  They are the ones parading this story around like it's something to be celebrated.  

11/13/19 @ 8:18 AM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

I'm fine with the warden not issuing a fine/citation and instead making the incident a teaching moment. I believe seizure of the meat/antlers is proper and part and parcel of the teaching experience. Namely that there are consequences to negative actions.

The fact that she posed for pics and allowed media outlets to carry  the story tells me that she and mentor "dont get it".

11/13/19 @ 7:54 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

SEND ER TO FOLSOM SEND ER TO FOLSOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

11/12/19 @ 11:42 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

So because there are other people out there that violate, this girl or the mentor shouldn’t be held responsible? That makes no sense at all! This is a mistake that ended the life of an animal and resulted in over bagging and it’s celebrated like she did something great?? Good of them to report the incident and I’m ok with her not being fined for doing the right thing afterwards but I totally disagree with an article praising the fact that she illegally harvested a deer and didn’t take an ethical shot to begin with.  Luckily the 2nd deer was hit fatally, what if it was wounded and people saw a deer around with an arrow sticking out of it because someone didn’t care enough to take a clean shot? Would she be praised for that??

11/12/19 @ 8:40 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

They claim the arrow deflected off a rib - must’ve been a Rage!   

11/12/19 @ 8:31 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

Thanks Dude.  I was hoping not the three year death penalty.  That said, I’d still be good with some kind of token penalty.

11/12/19 @ 8:20 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

The picture is a bit much for me.  Like others mentioned, I’m not sure why this is being celebrated other than the fact it is a teenage girl.

11/12/19 @ 8:18 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Typical penalty would be a fine and both animals confiscated.

11/12/19 @ 8:08 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
User since 11/11/15

Ok, admittedly I didn’t read and research the whole thing.  That said, what would the full penalty of the law be in this case?

Genuine question, truly curious

11/12/19 @ 7:28 PM
lovestofishnhunt
User since 6/13/06

No guilty conscience here bluefin.  For someone who wasn't there, you sure seem to want to throw the cuffs at this kid.  

Ye that is without sin, may you cast the first stone.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 57 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.