SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Tree climber

8/3/19 @ 10:02 PM
INITIAL POST
ryan1
User since 7/16/07

Im looking into a tree climber mainly for bow hunting. Not really sure what to get. I was thinking on that is aluminium. I was hoping to stay close to $300. Most of the have a bar in front of your knees. Not sure if that would get in the way? Any advice would be grately appreciated.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
8/25/19 @ 9:38 AM
fishen_soon
User since 6/24/14

I had a Loggey Bayou Mega Transformer which was good for me.  I sat on the padded front bar when climbing and was nice to rest my bow on at times.  It came with pockets on both sides of the upper arm bar, I put my bow rope in one and a wrench for my bow holder in the other.  Make sure you have straps to connect the upper to the lower pieces so you are not caught up a tree without the foot platform.

Ches.

8/24/19 @ 4:19 PM
cohoho
cohoho
PRO MEMBER User since 5/10/07

You should check out the Mancini 360. I’m going to sell my viper now that I have one. Lighter than a viper and “there’s no wrong side of the tree”.

8/5/19 @ 1:26 PM
Bass Master1992
Bass Master1992
User since 12/26/10

Can't go wrong with a summit viper.  I have one for sale that I don't use anymore now that I'm on private land if you didn't want to buy brand new.  

8/4/19 @ 4:03 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Summit Viper is a really comfortable, solid stand.

8/4/19 @ 7:34 AM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

I highly recommend staying with aluminum climber.

Most major brands have a bow hunting style, ie. Open front. 

I prefer the full bar around. Safer, extra support for your bow, gun, as a rest.

You should have no problem finding one at or below your price range. 

I also recommend getting saddle bags for the stand. Easy access to calls, phone, wind checker, etc.

Big Mac 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish seduced by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE