Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Thermacell & Scent

9/9/14 @ 2:45 PM
ORIGNAL POST
fishinfool1
User since 3/14/10
with all of this rain coming before the opener, I am sure the mosquitos will be out. who use's there thermacells in there tree stands and does the smell alarm the Deer.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/30/14 @ 8:36 PM
fisheswithU2
User since 4/29/14
They do make earth scented pads. Only place I've seen them is Bass Pros website. My thermacell works great and I haven't been busted using it yet. Got it when they first came out years ago. Definitely gotten my money's worth.

9/26/14 @ 6:03 PM
hypovolemicshock
hypovolemicshock
User since 6/20/11
I've never had a problem with the deer smelling it that I am aware of.

9/11/14 @ 9:09 PM
Vermeeson
Vermeeson
User since 1/22/02
I bought one a few years back after being driven from my stand during a Sept. evening hunt. I picked one up upon recommendation from other hunters i work with. I went back the following night to the same spot and conditions were exactly the same, including the mosquitoes. Within a few minutes I was left alone completely, much to my relief. Deer can be curious or even indifferent about a new scent, but stress at human scent. They associate our scent with danger. They don't for tractor exhaust, chainsaw oil, herbicides, etc. I wouldn't worry about about the scent from the Thermocell. Good hunting everyone; don't let the skeets carry you off!

9/10/14 @ 1:15 PM
perchthriller
User since 7/14/09
I can smell my thermacell, so I am sure a deer can. Either way, if they smell your thermacell, they are going to smell you. Use the wind to your favor and good luck.

9/10/14 @ 9:51 AM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06
That question can't really be answered. Could be a combination of smells that spooked a deer or maybe a deer saw you first, no way to really be 100% sure. My personal take is I would rather be smelled than seen. So I can have a little more smell or be moving around a lot because of bugs. Give me the smell.

9/10/14 @ 8:07 AM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02
I used mine for 4 days straight while bear huntin, there is a odor to it but I cant say it harmed me in anyway especially up in a tree when thermals are up, like said though hunt the wind and it shouldn't be an issue, I rather maybe get busted than get mauled by skeeters that's the absolute worse! IMO, a guy was telling me that thermacell also makes some earth scent and some other doe pee lure pads as well, I have not seen these though....?

goodhuntin!

9/9/14 @ 9:13 PM
fishinfool1
User since 3/14/10
What i meant to ask was, Thermacells are supposed to be scent free. Has anyone ever had deer spooked while in a tree stand

9/9/14 @ 3:37 PM
SFC S
User since 1/24/06
If they can smell your termacell they can smell you. WInd, wind, wind.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 9 OF 9 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.