Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

The great bow /crossbow debate

10/31/18 @ 1:32 PM
ORIGINAL POST
str8shot
User since 11/19/10

Since I have about 2 months to burn being laid up and haven't been on in a while, I figured I would see how some fellow lake linkers feel on the topic of crossbows now that they have been legal in the archery season for a few years. 

I'm interested in knowing WHY (big emphasis on the "WHY")….you either do or don't support having them being a part of the archery season. 

As the thread progresses I figure I'll have chances to support my own thoughts on the topic.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 520 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/7/20 @ 8:04 AM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05

"The results of the Spring Hearings questions have been posted and it looks like the crossbow hunters have WON again!!!! Every questions trying to restrict the crossbow hunters failed in every county except one question tied in 1 county, guess people have just got to get used to the idea that deer hunting in Wisconsin is changing !!!!"

Once you get more than 50% of the population participating in something, no changes take place.  Kind of like the threat that once 50% of the US population gets welfare, food stamps, basic income, etc., who is going to vote against themselves getting a payment?  Pretty predictable really.

5/6/20 @ 6:45 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

As long as the NRB has the same make up. You can count on Kaz, Prehn and there pals at the WBH to come back with another questionably authored question(s). Many folks here will remember Kulas aka rancid, retched and another hundred handles, he is far from gone and is quite close with Kaz. Now is a good time to write to the NRB and ask them to finally respect the tally.

5/6/20 @ 2:31 PM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06

The results of the Spring Hearings questions have been posted and it looks like the crossbow hunters have WON again!!!! Every question trying to restrict the crossbow hunters failed in every county except one question tied in 1 county, guess people have just got to get used to the idea that deer hunting in Wisconsin is changing !!!!

2/28/19 @ 5:50 PM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13

Link to Feb. 27th Wisconsin NRB meeting. Crossbow discussion starts at time mark 3:38

https://dnrmedia.wi.gov/main/Play/406e9c09a34547279a757899cc10ced51d?catalog=9da0bb432fd448a69d86756192a62f1721

Two things made clear, there will be some very in depth studies before and if any changes to the crossbow season, and there will be no changes for the upcoming 2019 deer season.

2/27/19 @ 5:47 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Noooo, those were Prehns words, let me clarify, or correct myself. His statement related to the accusations that there were 'rogue' members and groups attempting to influence the decisions. He takes exception to those accusations. But I find that humorous with the actions of the WBH, and there former legislative liaison officers cozy relationship with Kaz. I'm surprised Prehn was able to say it with a straight face.

2/27/19 @ 3:57 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Rogue = Does not agree with my point of view.

Yup. Got it.

2/27/19 @ 3:02 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Umm Ok, whatever you meant by that.

2/27/19 @ 2:47 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

NRB meeting was today, crossbow discussed at the end. There will be extensive study and data of the issue. It was stressed that extensive public info will be crucial to ensure that no group or rogue board members will be allowed to slide something in. As a result there will be no change to the 2019 hunting season. I guess the board members and the DNR have heard loud and clear from letters and phone calls that there are a lot more folks interested and watching than they thought.

2/9/19 @ 6:46 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
User since 7/9/12

We just don’t allow someone’s opinion shoved down our throats.

2/9/19 @ 1:50 PM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06

It really comes down to seeing that one group of hunters chances of success be diminished so that another group of hunters chance of success can theoretically be increased. Redistribution of success if you will. Looks good on paper.....

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 520 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.