MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

The great bow /crossbow debate

10/31/18 @ 1:32 PM
ORIGINAL POST
str8shot
str8shot
USER since 11/19/10

Since I have about 2 months to burn being laid up and haven't been on in a while, I figured I would see how some fellow lake linkers feel on the topic of crossbows now that they have been legal in the archery season for a few years. 

I'm interested in knowing WHY (big emphasis on the "WHY")….you either do or don't support having them being a part of the archery season. 

As the thread progresses I figure I'll have chances to support my own thoughts on the topic.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 537 Posts
2/9/19 @ 6:46 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

We just don’t allow someone’s opinion shoved down our throats.

Post Your Comment
2/9/19 @ 1:50 PM
Fishsqueezer
Fishsqueezer
USER since 5/19/06

It really comes down to seeing that one group of hunters chances of success be diminished so that another group of hunters chance of success can theoretically be increased. Redistribution of success if you will. Looks good on paper.....

Post Your Comment
2/9/19 @ 12:16 PM
RangerKid
RangerKid
USER since 6/26/01

I don't understand the big debate?

There is no big debate, except apparently in certain peoples minds. This is just a thread like any other one, where people put their view and opinion out. I guess everyone is suppose to have the exact same view on the subject, or else they have some big agenda, to take away some right. I have said it on here before, and now once again, I could care less if someone uses a crossbow, and I think most people have that view. That doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to have a view on the subject.  I think madforlabs hit the nail on the head, that there is so much worry that the season could change a bit, that it can't even be discussed without all the distain thrown in. Also to those that keep repeating, It's the law, get over it, are you going to have that same view, if the season is somehow altered. 

Post Your Comment
2/9/19 @ 10:41 AM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

Kind of like the way you complain about the possibility of having your season modified?

We're all entitled to our opinions. So sorry they don't all agree with yours.

Post Your Comment
2/9/19 @ 9:55 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

If someone really cares about not letting people use their crossbows, they should not use anything that has advanced in technology. But they won’t do that. They just want to complain about something!

Post Your Comment
2/9/19 @ 5:34 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

I believe everything L.B. posts on L/L (except his post from about a year ago when he said he would never post here again)

I don't understand the big debate? If it is legal do whatever you would like and stop pissen and moanin about what someone else is doing and enjoy the hunt by whatever method you like..........

https://www.outdoornews.com/2018/04/11/social-media-feuding-among-outdoorsmen-fueling-decline-sports/  

Edited on 2/9/19 5:55 AM
Post Your Comment
2/9/19 @ 4:18 AM
ere
ere
USER since 2/22/07

I've been wondering the same thing.

Post Your Comment
2/8/19 @ 8:10 PM
GRANDAD
GRANDAD
USER since 6/1/09

Thought this thread was about CROSSBOWS .?? 

Post Your Comment
2/8/19 @ 5:15 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

LB, I believe you should always respect the preyed upon. 

Post Your Comment
2/8/19 @ 2:31 PM
Publiclandhunter
Publiclandhunter
USER since 8/31/11

Find out what it means to me 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 537 Posts