MORE
Archery

TenPoint bolt question

10/23/21 @ 1:57 PM
INITIAL POST
deerhunter34
User since 10/8/01

Greetings,

I have a 2019 TenPoint Turbo GT crossbow.  It states on the bow "Requires Omni-nock Arrows".   However, I can not find any omni-nock arrows/bolts.  In reading the TenPoint FAQ it says they use Alpha nock arrows/bolts now and they will work in all TenPoint crossbows.

My question is - have any of you folks with TenPoints that require Omni-nock arrows/bolts tried the Alpha nock?  If so, is all good?

I've emailed TenPoint, but no response yet.  I may also call Monday, but thought I'd check here with my fellow archers.

I guess I'm a little leary and seeking some assurance Alpha nocks will work fine.

Thanks much in advance. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts
8/17/22 @ 9:51 AM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13

I am not sure that Tenpoint ever had a metal omni nock.  There is a distinct difference between a omni nock and a current alpha nock.   The omni nocks were discontinued and no longer available.  The reason being  because of the trend in narrower bows caused excessive pinch on the omni nocks.  Whereas the new alpha nocks will work on any crossbow.  

Years ago, Tenpoint arrows used a flat nock, which was available in aluminum or plastic.   Some brands of crossbows' still use a flat nock, because they have a much wider axle to axle width, with less of a sharp angle on the nock when cocked.

The nocks are plastic, but the nock inserts may be plastic or metal.  Either way, the plastic nocks will be OK.  

8/15/22 @ 12:26 PM
zhuntr
User since 8/21/01

Have a 10 point Vipers400. Shoot Alpha nocks, can use on any previous 10 point, have lees of a chance to jump the string

8/15/22 @ 9:51 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Mine are plastic, should be fine.  I never had any issues.  They are what came with it and even extra bolts I bought came with plastic nocks.

8/15/22 @ 8:34 AM
Cold Front
User since 7/9/01

I have  a Nitro X and it used metal omni nocks only. I went to the local sporting goods store and they sold me the new nocks. They are plastic. Are they all plastic? Mrt. 

11/23/21 @ 1:35 PM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15

Old Hunter, Thanks, I bought a package of the Omni nocks about two years ago from Bass Pro. I also got my lighted nocks about then with the Omni nock. I seem to recall Ten Point stated off flat with a square hole in the nock, then changed which seems about right from what you said.

11/23/21 @ 10:00 AM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13

Bullman;    If your crossbow is that old, you should be perfectly fine using omni nocks.  Although, the omni nocks were totally discontinued, and you will not find them for sale any place.  Any chance of finding any would be finding some through other shooters.  Actually, back in that time area, Tenpoint arrows were using flat nocks. I would guess that roughly about 2015 is when Tenpoint introduced the omni nocks.  

11/23/21 @ 9:46 AM
Bullman
User since 4/10/15

I was reading the answers and wanted to know what year the Ten Points were that have jumped the omni nocks. I have a 12 year old Ten Point Titan that still shoots Omni nocks. If the issue is with the new narrow bows, then I shouldn't have an issue but hate to have a bow break up due to a nock.

10/26/21 @ 1:34 PM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13

The alpha nocks were designed because the newer bows axle to axle distances were getting narrower causing extreme angles on the nocks when cocked.  Tenpoint discontinued the omni nocks because they didn't want people to use them regardless of ATA measurements.  They felt by only offering only alpha nocks would eliminate any body using the wrong nocks and risking damage.  

10/26/21 @ 11:46 AM
deerhunter34
User since 10/8/01

Thanks dude. Got the new bolts and all sighted in.  Working great.  

10/26/21 @ 9:22 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

The below is correct.  Ten Point was having issues with strings jumping Omni nocks and bows blowing up.  I doubt you could find an Omni if you tried.  Alpha should be good.

10/25/21 @ 8:37 AM
deerhunter34
User since 10/8/01

Thanks everyone.  

-deerhunter34

10/25/21 @ 6:46 AM
gotacarp3
User since 3/26/21

i been shooting the new ten point nocks they work just the same. ten point went with this new nock because of the string jumping the omni nocks. hope this helps. good luck be safe

10/24/21 @ 3:46 PM
Lastcastmaybeknot
User since 4/20/16

Shot a buck last night with a half moon type.  Seemed to kill it just fine.  I think the Omni is the points way of getting a few more dollars out of you

10/24/21 @ 2:04 PM
deerhunter34
User since 10/8/01

Great to hear.  Thanks Butch Cassidy.  I appreciate it.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts.

10/24/21 @ 9:50 AM
Butch Cassidy
User since 5/23/11

Alpha work just fine. Deadly Accurate. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 16 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE