SEARCH
MORE
Archery

SLOB

12/13/15 @ 2:26 AM
INITIAL POST
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05
I hear a lot of people call big deer "SLOBS"! Is "SLOB" an acronym for something? I've also heard words like "TOAD", "FREAK", "TANK", "BEAST", and "PIG" used to describe big deer. Thoughts on this folks? Puke
Displaying 16 to 30 of 37 posts
1/5/16 @ 1:31 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
Oh man I've seen way worse. undoubtedly dumb...but I have seen MANY that will make you spit out your coffee.
12/23/15 @ 4:13 PM
dc cady
User since 3/10/07
To each his/her own. Everyone's land is different. Everyone's situation is different. Everyone's thoughts are different. Do it legally and respectfully and never mind what others say or think. The prize is the privilege to hunt as freely as we can in this state and country.My expectations change from year to year depending on my situation.I always congratulate a hunter on their kill, buck/doe/big/small. This was my 39th gun season and I have seen many changes in my brief time on this planet.It was my first year hunting w/o my father. I did much more reflecting on past hunts than probably paying attention to my current hunt but that's ok. Bickering and degrading others is just not the way it should be between us hunters. All have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday. DC Cady
12/23/15 @ 3:32 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
Exactly Granpa! Everyone wants to kill a SLOB. They all say they don't care, but when they do most cart that deer around town till it rots. If you hunt public or don't have great land it turns into jealousy...that turns into picking towards others for what they have. That's how i see it most of the time. thou shall not covet thy neighbors goods....
12/23/15 @ 10:23 AM
browning3
browning3
User since 5/23/02
No! "TURD" is more like a spike. Puke
12/22/15 @ 10:59 PM
Granpa
User since 2/4/05
Flyguy, you have it backwards. I usually hear guys say he was a nice buck and would probably shoot him at the end of season. I always say if he is not big enough on the first day then he is still too small at the end. You want meat shoot a doe.
12/22/15 @ 7:20 PM
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05
Is "TURD" considered a nice deer? Similar to "TOAD"? Puke
12/22/15 @ 9:45 AM
browning3
browning3
User since 5/23/02
Really...this post! Puke Here is a word I use alot on lake-link...TURD! I use it to describe posts like this. Kiss
12/21/15 @ 1:29 PM
northernexsposure
User since 3/15/08
I got a fork opening day of gun season, but I think it was a "son of a beast"
12/20/15 @ 7:22 PM
flyguy329
User since 1/25/06
My barber said it best...."You dont pass a buck the first day that you'd shoot the final day." Unfortunately for me, I passed that buck.......and am still searching
12/18/15 @ 9:29 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
Exactly, I agree with that. I hate it when I see someone post a picture followed by an apology. Like they have to apologize for their deer when they are clearly excited, but their friends may not approve. Dull
12/18/15 @ 8:42 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14
Ok People....but it's okay for you to name your deer on camera. Pot calling the kettle black. Let it go, who cares what others do, worry about yourself. What makes me more concerned nowadays is the greed I see. I think people are hunting for the wrong reasons. I hunt for myself, I don't care what others think a deer scores and I sure as hell don't come on the internet asking people "would you shoot this buck". Do what you want...if it would put a smile on your face, do it. Who cares what a bunch of internet jocks would do. I also love the people that say "I pass doe all day long". yeah, sure you did...but during EAB you were complaining you "couldn't kill that Slob because I didn't have a tag" There are a lot more things in today's modern day hunting that should disturb you more than someone referring to a deer as a Slob. Moral of the story is, concentrate on what you have going on so you don't have to worry about others. And trust me on this one, no matter how much you complain about what this guy does or what that neighbor doesn't do, it's Wisconsin. This is the most pressured state next to PA and Michigan, it will never be a trophy numbers state. yeah so your buddy shot a big one. His buddy shot a big one and your uncles friend shot a big one. Well it's their first one in their life. Go to other Midwest states, the residents shoot big ones every year. That being said, WI is a brown it's down, over pressured state. Don't let people warp your mind, there is no trophy hunting here, at least not the potential other states have. Go out and hunt and be happy. nothing you do here or see here is even close to most other midwest states
12/13/15 @ 11:21 PM
Fish-Tails
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05
Wow tiddies1981! Nice deer!! Is your deer considered a "TOAD"? My buddy (JJB) said "TOAD" is reserved for really big deer like yours. Puke
12/13/15 @ 10:40 PM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
User since 1/22/15
Shot a slob during bow season only to realize I shot a beast during gun season...
12/13/15 @ 8:04 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06
That's a great deer, congratulations. You can call it whatever you would like. Just know that there may be some sensitive people on the Internet that get bent out of shape if you call it something they don't agree with.
12/13/15 @ 8:01 PM
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05
Here is a picture my buck from this years bow season. It looks like a solid deer! Would this be considered a "SLOB" or maybe even a "TOAD"?
Displaying 16 to 30 of 37 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE