SEARCH
MORE
Archery

SLOB

12/13/15 @ 2:26 AM
INITIAL POST
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05
I hear a lot of people call big deer "SLOBS"! Is "SLOB" an acronym for something? I've also heard words like "TOAD", "FREAK", "TANK", "BEAST", and "PIG" used to describe big deer. Thoughts on this folks? Puke
Displaying 1 to 15 of 37 posts
10/4/22 @ 2:49 PM
MarquetteCtyOutdoorsman
MarquetteCtyOutdoorsman
User since 10/13/05

Don't pass a deer on day one that you would be happy to have at the end of the season.  If you are happy and enjoy what will fill your freezer, you take it when you can get it.  My wife killed her first last year and we are nearing consuming him now.  She will take what fills our freezer from public land and that is it.  Love to have a STUD or a 1 1/2 year old.  Whatever I can get in range for her.

10/4/22 @ 1:55 PM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01

My response is always the same: "That would have been a nice one next year!"

That's what I think of your "slob".

10/4/22 @ 9:58 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

My guess is that people get excited in WI when they see a big one cause  they are used to seeing  "Dinks", "Scrappers", "Sporty", "Baskets", "WI 11 pt (spiker)" etc. Most hunt for meat, or so they say,  but shoot anything that may have some resemblance to an antler. If i had a dime for every guy that told me he passed 12 antlerless deer but shot a fork,  I could put my grandkids through college. Meat hunters they claim.......

I suppose it works both ways,  it just depends what side of the fence you are on.  Legal is legal right???? At least that's a buzz phrase people like to use to defend themselves.   

I really couldn't care less  if people call them TOADS or Dinks,  it doesn't affect my outcomes.  I think people should just do what they do,  like what they like and just be happy you don't live in Russia.

Obviously the way i've written this post one could guess what side of the fence i'm on. I encourage others to get in the woods and shoot whatever.  It's not easy to kill a big one,  most don't "just" get lucky.  the reality is in WI,  it can take YEARS to kill a buck with some age in most part of the state.  Big buck hunting isn't all that fun,  lot's of watching grass grow.  I can understand why it's not for everyone.  To worry about what other call big bucks or small bucks or the new age lingo in general,  just won't help you in the woods.  Who gives a Flying bleep what others say.  

I'm a meat hunter too,  I personally love eating venison and I am lucky to have a few nice places loaded with doe.  I like to hunt doe till about Oct 20th,  any big doe that walks close enough goes home with me.

8/9/22 @ 8:47 PM
Flipdibbler
User since 3/22/22

Yeah , “ look at this toad!”

Always thought that was a ridiculous thing to say though I said it once jokingly. I could see calling a big fat bear a slob but a big walleye or bass isn’t fitting

7/15/22 @ 3:48 PM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10

Its actually Turd Sandwich or giant deouche from South Park 

7/14/22 @ 6:07 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

I’ve heard Slob and Pig before. Suppose you could vote for Big Turd also? (South Park)

7/13/22 @ 2:38 PM
Jzzzzz
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

lkshiner..........." didnt go 20!"

haha

7/13/22 @ 10:15 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

LOINS

7/6/22 @ 7:48 AM
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05

10/4/16 @ 2:18 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
User since 6/12/10

I never even realized it before, but I do use "beast" to describe large deer we get on the trail cam.  I noticed it over the weekend when showing my friend a pic of this beast six pointer we got on cam.

10/3/16 @ 7:46 PM
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05

What's a "Hit List" buck?

10/3/16 @ 2:10 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

I heard Behemoth the other day,  that's pretty lame.  I never saw what i'd call a Behemoth in Wisconsin yet.  Behemoth to me would be a 180 inch.  I'm always hunting in the wrong woods.

I do see a ton of trail cam pics of 180 inch Behemoth's ( 150's is everyone 180's )

9/30/16 @ 3:21 PM
BrianWI_
BrianWI_
User since 6/19/09

#bucklivesmatter

8/22/16 @ 9:32 PM
Mr_Spike
User since 10/30/05

I heard someone today call a buck a "whale"? 

2/1/16 @ 9:37 PM
rePLOW
User since 4/26/13
The "why my bow is the best ever made" topics were always full of compelling info supported by facts and in no way had any stupidity in them. *note extreme sarcasm*
Displaying 1 to 15 of 37 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE